Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: throw out of state ccw holders in jail

So why are politicians allowed to threaten people and get away with it?
    Who did that?

(Venango County)

The correct response goes somewhat like this:

1) No government entity has rights or control over individual rights. They have limited powers granted to them by the people. These limited powers are expressly given and cannot be assumed.

2) States and lower governments have some powers granted to them that are different and separate (though sometimes similar such as taxing etc.) between them and the Federal powers. Each level of government's paramount responsibility is to protect individual rights.

3) The many individual rights are not given nor allowed to be 'suffered' by any government or any authority. They are inherently a part of the individual for the mere fact of existing. Therefore, no government can nor should they try to separate those rights from the individual any more than they should attempt to remove arms, legs, or heads from the people. Only the individual can decide whether to exercise or not exercise a right on a case by case basis. Today they might not own or carry a firearm. Maybe tomorrow they shall. Individuals and groups cannot use the government violence or threat of violence against individuals without just cause and due process.

4) We are a representative Republic and not a democracy. Democracy is derided in government as majority or mob rule. When you hear democracy, one should think "mob-ocracy". Like mom always said, "Just because everyone is jumping off a bridge, doesn't mean you have to!" Just because almost everyone (the majority) wants to do something, doesn't mean it is right or just.

5) The Feds protect the individual from the State. The State protects the individual from the Feds. The individual decides on the powers required for each.

Now shut up about your quick answer without fore-thought and read the Federalist and US / State Constitutions for once. Understand the history behind the work you volunteered to do and do it justly.

For once be the Servant of the People and not a Serpent in the Garden.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Delaware County)

Simple answer...

Pennsylvania shouldn't accept the the driver's licenses from states that don't accept PA's LTCF..

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyVet View Post
    Simple answer...

Pennsylvania shouldn't accept the the driver's licenses from states that don't accept PA's LTCF..
    I think the loss of money flow from that would far outweigh the loss of money flow from angering LTCF folks.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    I think the loss of money flow from that would far outweigh the loss of money flow from angering LTCF folks.
    Not to mention the AG and liberals in control aren't against the privilege to drive a car. Its not like its a right or anything.

(Berks County)

I know a gal in my area that was arrested within the last year in NJ for having her gun in the trunk of her car. She's looking at a real long prison term. The plea deal offer they gave her was for 5 yrs in jail which she turned down. What gets me about the entire thing was the cop made up a BS reason to search the car in the first place. At the time she was pulled over on the side of the road in order to txt on her cell phone; so not even driving. The cop questioned why she was pulled over and then after that wanted permission to search her car which she declined. Saying he saw a hollow point bullet (illegal in NJ) laying on the back floor of her car. They detained her for something like 12 hours to get a search warrant. Im no lawyer but would think if he visibly saw an illegal bullet on the floor they would have immediately arrested her as well as not needed a warrant to search the car at that point.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    I know a gal in my area that was arrested within the last year in NJ for having her gun in the trunk of her car. She's looking at a real long prison term. The plea deal offer they gave her was for 5 yrs in jail which she turned down. What gets me about the entire thing was the cop made up a BS reason to search the car in the first place. At the time she was pulled over on the side of the road in order to txt on her cell phone; so not even driving. The cop questioned why she was pulled over and then after that wanted permission to search her car which she declined. Saying he saw a hollow point bullet (illegal in NJ) laying on the back floor of her car. They detained her for something like 12 hours to get a search warrant. Im no lawyer but would think if he visibly saw an illegal bullet on the floor they would have immediately arrested her as well as not needed a warrant to search the car at that point.
    Jersey cops like to make up reasonable suspicion or probable cause after the fact.

I've seen it myself and they seem to have no problems lying about it in court either.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Jersey cops like to make up reasonable suspicion or probable cause after the fact.

I've seen it myself and they seem to have no problems lying about it in court either.
    I agree my friend and not something I mentioned in my first post but my suspicions is simply this; the cop ran her info and saw that she was a PA resident with an LTFC and this is why he pushed to search the car and made up a BS excuse to get a warrant when she refused the search

(Indiana County)

New Jersey – 1,274 carry permits
    Population 21 or over – 6,436,959
    Carry Rate – 0.0002%

Pennsylvania – 1,272,408 carry permits.
    Population 21 or over – 9,594,961
    Carry Rate – 13.3%

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post

That behavior is not limited to NJ police.
    Although it may be more prevalent in NJ than PA.
    --ET

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast