Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool I'd like to see the real stats.

With all the whining going on over universal carry for license/permit holders , I'd like to see the real numbers. Unlawful shootings committed by people with , people without , and people who were prohibited by law from possessing firearms in the first place.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: I'd like to see the real stats.

Not gonna happen, the information would not fit the narrative that the left is pushing.
    OTOH they might just pencil-fuck the data and say that every suicide by a legal firearm owner is actually killing a person ergo, homocide. Pretty much however they could spin it to cast us in a bad light because the true data soul show that by an overwhelming majority that legal CCW owners are one of the most law abiding demographics out there.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 98Redline View Post
    Not gonna happen, the information would not fit the narrative that the left is pushing.
    OTOH they might just pencil-fuck the data and say that every suicide by a legal firearm owner is actually killing a person ergo, homocide. Pretty much however they could spin it to cast us in a bad light because the true data soul show that by an overwhelming majority that legal CCW owners are one of the most law abiding demographics out there.
    Truly, there's gotta be a fairly limited list of groups more law-abiding than licensed CCers.

Like cops... ok, bad example.

Or congressmen... oops, sorry.

Maybe priests... ummm...

Ok, *reaallllly* limited...

(Delaware County)

The numbers are there you just need to look for them yourself. There are groups who have put together that info. It is just that the msm will ignore what does not fit.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Chester County)

Here's what I sent to Ryan Costello:

Interesting. The Washington Post, June 22, 2016 article states that the police commit crimes 1.7% per 100,000 officers. The Concealed Carriers with permits or licenses commit 0.00003 percent per 100,000 concealed carriers.
    This shows that the concealed carriers are more law abiding than the police. AND

Found this on crime prevention research center. For Texas:
    The police commits 703/ 683,396 full time officers, yearly rate, and for misdemeanors or felonies, 118/ 683,396 for Firearm violations.
    For the concealed carriers: 108/ 1 million for permit holders for misdemeanors or felonies and 24/1million for permit holders for firearms violations

(Venango County)

If possible, I think I would want to discard the number of licensed permit holders that were convicted for an unlawful shoot after the fact (in court). In other words, I would only be interested in premeditated crimes committed by permit holders, not bad shoots as defined by a trial ex post facto.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    With all the whining going on over universal carry for license/permit holders , I'd like to see the real numbers. Unlawful shootings committed by people with , people without , and people who were prohibited by law from possessing firearms in the first place.
    The data is out there. You can Google for it, I'll just give you the important summary:

People with CC permits/licenses/LTCFs/whatevers are less likely to break the law than police officers.

I think that says everything that needs to be said.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

If I remember correctly, crime data collected by Florida and Texas shows that their CCW holders are approx 9X less likely to commit a violent crime than the general population. That's huge.

(Bucks County)

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for but here is an eye opening murder analysis for Philadelphia.

https://www.phillypolice.com/assets/....2007-2010.pdf

On page 24, Criminal history of offenders, they state

Of the 197 offenders arrested in Philadelphia for murder in 2010, 174 or 88% had at least one prior arrest. There was a total of twenty-three (3) or 12 % of the offender total who had no prior arrests.
    and

74% of the persons arrested for murder in 2010 that had a previous criminal record were arrested for a violent crime (murder, rape, robbery, agg. assault) prior to committing murder in 2010.
    So about 90% of murderers were prohibited from owning a firearm (not counting dropped charges).

One bright side (at least for me) was on page 18 (Criminal history victims).

There were a total of 306 murder victims in Philadelphia during 2010. 245 or 80% had previous criminal records at the time of their death

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Maybe not exactly what you are looking for but here is an eye opening murder analysis for Philadelphia.

https://www.phillypolice.com/assets/....2007-2010.pdf

On page 24, Criminal history of offenders, they state

and

So about 90% of murderers were prohibited from owning a firearm (not counting dropped charges).

One bright side (at least for me) was on page 18 (Criminal history victims).
    Where did you get the 90%? I can't see your math.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast