Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default New to the area (Lafayette Hill) and looking for new club suggestions

Hi All,

As the title of the thread states, I am looking for a new gun club. We just moved to Lafayette Hill and I'm not too familiar with anything in the area. I know there are a lot of smaller clubs up in the Quakertown area (I don't mind driving the 30-45 mins), but a lot of them require showing up to a meeting on a week night to start the process of joining. Unfortunately, I work second shift during the week and have no opportunity to attend any evening meetings during the week (I would take off, but my new job doesn't give me any days to use for another 7 months, at which point I'll be back to day work anyways).

Ideally, the club would have some type of shotgun range and at least a 100 yd rifle range.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
    Opera Non Verba

Default Re: New to the area (Lafayette Hill) and looking for new club suggestions

WE ARE!

I live on the edge of Norristown/Plymouth and am a member up at Hellertown Sportsman's Association. $50 for the year, with rifle ranges 50/100 yards, Outdoor pistol range up to 25 yards, as well as trap house/range, and indoor pistol/archery ranges. A little further than Quakertown, but it suits my needs.
    will that extra 15% matter? not as much as being able to put one in their face. ~Edg

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: New to the area (Lafayette Hill) and looking for new club suggestions

Thanks! I will definitely be taking a look at the club!
    Opera Non Verba

(Montgomery County)

Lower Providence rod & gun club is the closest to you. Right off the Oaks exit of Rt. 422. Outdoor 100 yd rifle range, outdoor 25 yd pistol range, trap fields, indoor and outdoor archery and two indoor pistol ranges. They do require you to show up at two meetings to join. Meetings are the first Tuesday of each month and start at 7 PM so that could be a problem for you. You also have to attend an orientation session which is held on a Thursday evening. Check out their website: www.LPRGC.org.