Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: GOA ALERT: Update on Fluid Situation for Concealed Carry Reciprocity and Fix NICS

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    So now it goes to the House. What's the prognosis there?
    I think it was the House that passed it. I believe it goes to the senate now.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Bucks County)

Default Re: GOA ALERT: Update on Fluid Situation for Concealed Carry Reciprocity and Fix NICS

I don't get the GOA's take on the Traffic ticket / fugitive from justice part. Does being a "fugitive from justice" ban you from owning firearms for life or does it just mean you need to pay your traffic ticket first?

From what others have posted you can be arrested on a bench warrant so just pay the fucking ticket. I don't see how you having to do this first is an egregious violation of your rights. Or at least not bad enough for them to toss reciprocity in the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I don't get the GOA's take on the Traffic ticket / fugitive from justice part. Does being a "fugitive from justice" ban you from owning firearms for life or does it just mean you need to pay your traffic ticket first?

From what others have posted you can be arrested on a bench warrant so just pay the fucking ticket. I don't see how you having to do this first is an egregious violation of your rights. Or at least not bad enough for them to toss reciprocity in the trash.

Sometimes you don't even know you had a ticket being the cop or clerk who entered it into the system incorrectly entered your plate number. It's nice to find out your DL is suspended and there is a warrant for your arrest through the mail months after it all took place. Imagine finding out when they are slapping the cuff's on you or when you are trying to legally purchase a firearm.

Apparently the scenario above happens a lot more then one would think after I looked into it because it happened to me and then my father two years later. Which is when the police informed us that it's a common issue because some cops cannot write legibly and clerks are to lazy to ask that cop and play a guessing game with the plate numbers.

Do I think it's the worst thing about the new NICS fix? Well no, granting the authorities to have free access to just about every data base out there including your medical and tax records is a huge issue as well as the medical conditions they want to use in order to list you have prohibited.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post

Let's say, as in multiple examples given, you don't know you are a "fugitive", but the municipality waiting for you to pay the $15 parking ticket that blew off your windshield sends your name to NICS.

You check NO to question 11.d.

You are now a felon. Bye-bye guns. Forever.

Egregious now?

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I remember using a manual hand cranked copy machine.
    Ditto. Pun intended. Ditto Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is a place like that, but William Penn made sure to put a river between us and New Jersey, to keep out those hoplophobic riffraff.
    There is NO evidence of widespread journalistic integrity.

(Montgomery County)

As was already mentioned.
    The concern with Fix NICS is giving open authorization to peruse medical databases looking for people to restrict based on an ever growing list of restricted medical conditions.
    The Liberals love to put people on restricted lists without any due process from the courts, and without any reasonable mechanism to reverse errors placed on the list.
    If it costs $10,000.00 in legal fees to get a name off the restricted list that was placed there in error it's a serious problem.
    If the (Obama) administration can redirect bureaucratic resources so that no one is available to make corrections as per the law it's a serious problem.
    We have already seen both of these examples play out under the Obama administration.
    Any restriction that is done bureaucratically without direct involvement of a court ruling is a serious breach of ethics and a bureaucratic nightmare for false positives.
    Any name added to the list in "error" becomes a lifetime ban when it is impossible or unaffordable to navigate the bureaucracy to have the error corrected.
    This is fascism 101.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234