Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: AlienGear apparently doesn't like OC

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    He’d probably say I’m on the extreme of Second Amendment supporters anyway. Someone he doesn’t associate with
    Define Extreme?

My last (since kicked-to-the-curb) anti-2A friend used to love asking me stuff like "Oh, so if I can find/buy a fully-functional tank, I should be allowed to own it?"

My answer ("yes, and good luck with that") used to drive her nuts.

I probably count as "extreme" where 2A is concerned.

Let me be clear. IMHO, the 2nd is not about hunting, it's not about self-defense... It's about ensuring the populace has sufficient weaponry ("militia" grade) to ensure we can say "Oh no you dint!" to the gubmint and stand our ground. I know anti's love to cite the 'need for a militia' preamble as some sort of diminishing factor. Myself, I love the 'need for a well-armed militia' preamble. To me that says it exactly. We -exactly- are entitled to have military-grade weapons.

The founders weren't worried about our ability to feed ourselves or fend off home invasions. They were worried about tyranny.
    DGAF

(Allegheny County)

BTW, the FREE mag holder offer expires at midnight from bravoconcealment.com

I was going to order tomorrow when I stumbled on their Facebook page while still searching reviews and he posted there that it ends tonight.
    WHEW! Made it!

Ordered. Done. Hopefully I can stop crapping on this thread. Thanks for the quick advice guys!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Don't discount that hhholster option either.

Here's my CZ82, it conceals even under just a T-shirt:

Decent company too, just be prepared to wait a couple weeks to get it. Last one I ordered I think was around 3 weeks turn around time. They make them to order.
    Thanx! I like my CZ-82 but for some strange reason holsters aren't all that easy to find. Especially considering how many surplus -82's have been imported and the CZ-83 has been around for years.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post
    Not butthurt, but opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, some just stink more than others . . .
    I make sure to thoroughly wash my opinions every day just so they don't stink.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    I make sure to thoroughly wash my opinions every day just so they don't stink.

Noah
    I find simply airing them out from time to time works for me.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Elk County)

I succumbed to the herd mentality on another message board a year or so ago where the membership probably was responsible for 83% of Alien Gear's annual sales, and bought one of these for a SIG P228:

In practice I found it stiff and bulky and it felt as if I was wearing a prosthesis of some sort. There was no advantage or improvement in comfort over the Supertuk I had been using, and in retrospect I wonder why I expected the AG to be better. So it gathers dust beside the Supertuk. And both remind me that I don't like Kydex. Great material in theory, "meh" in practice. It's appeal IMO is mainly to those entrepreneurs who have nade businesses around Kydex holster manufacture and sale. Especially point-of-sale manufacture, as at some of the larger gun shows. It works great for them; those manufacturers can be making stock for popular models at a gun show in between sales and customer inquiries and not wasting time.

As for the blog piece, I consider it op-ed at best. My personal preference is CC because I prefer the stealth aspect, but I don't denigrate those who choose to OC.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yep. That's what confused me!

I was just about ready to commit to one when I started flipping between tabs looking at images of the two and I think I'm going to go with the BCA over the HH Holsters for two minor reasons - the BCA allows for adjustment of height/cant and the HH MCR is fixed. Secondly, while I was initially drawn to the "minimalist" nature of the MCR, I then noted that the BCA holsted comes up higer in the back and prevents the gun from rubbing into your side. This wouldn't be an issue for the MCR as long as a shirt is tucked in, but I don't always tuck my shirt in and I think the slide stop/etc rubbing bare skin would be unpleasant.

I was really wanting a carbon fiber finish, but beggars can't be choosers.

Appreciate the photos too! That helped!

No problem, they both are solid choices. I gambled a little on my first one. I asked questions here about them, but bought the one for my CZ 82 without ever seeing the MCR. It ended up fitting me really well and I ordered a 2nd one for the LCR.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Here's a few pictures I took earlier today of the BCA, the 1st is my wife's shield sitting on top of to give you an idea of the size. I am a pretty big guy at 6'3" and 240lbs I hold most of my weight in my mid section and the BCA fits tight to my body, part of that being I finally found a really good belt for well under $100.00, and that makes a huge difference.
    The belt makes all the difference for owb carry imho. Lots of good holsters out there, but even good ones can get uncomfortable with a crappy belt.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Thanx! I like my CZ-82 but for some strange reason holsters aren't all that easy to find. Especially considering how many surplus -82's have been imported and the CZ-83 has been around for years.
    Yeah, I carry other guns too, but for some reason the 82 keeps making a comeback. I shoot it well and it carries nicely. Lack of holster options is definitely a draw back. To come full circle, my iwb holster for the 82 is actually an alien gear. It's the original model with a shell for the Makarov. It's actually pretty comfortable to carry and fits it well. My only issue with it so far is that the screws continually come loose and I find I have to tighten them on a regular basis if I use it a lot. If I had it to do again, I'd probably order another from hh instead.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Yeah, I carry other guns too, but for some reason the 82 keeps making a comeback. I shoot it well and it carries nicely. Lack of holster options is definitely a draw back. To come full circle, my iwb holster for the 82 is actually an alien gear. It's the original model with a shell for the Makarov. It's actually pretty comfortable to carry and fits it well. My only issue with it so far is that the screws continually come loose and I find I have to tighten them on a regular basis if I use it a lot. If I had it to do again, I'd probably order another from hh instead.
    Blue Loctite

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    ...In practice I found it stiff and bulky and it felt as if I was wearing a prosthesis of some sort.
    Thanks for finding the words to describe what I couldn't that led to mine also collecting dust.
    DGAF

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast