Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default AlienGear apparently doesn't like OC

Idiot... let's piss off a chunk of current and potential customers.

"There are a number of reasons why you should concealed carry as your prmary carry method. Essentially, it is the more responsible choice and more advantageous to you.. "

http://aliengearholsters.com/blog/yo...rry-concealed/

Default Re: AlienGear apparently doesn't like OC

Well for starters they make IWB holsters for CC and it's in their personal best interest to sell people on the idea of CC then ordering a holster from them.

In all fairness the writer doesn't outright bash open carry he just says CC is better in his opinion which many people do agree with.

Why does everyone get's so damn upset these day's because their personal likes are not shared by the whole world?

You Should Carry Concealed If You Carry If you're going to carry a gun, you should carry concealed. Not that open carry shouldn't be allowed; open carry has it's place and time and people should when appropriate to do so. However, concealed carry is the best method for carrying a gun while out and about. There are a number of reasons why you should concealed carry as your prmary carry method. Essentially, it is the more responsible choice and more advantageous to you. Again, this isn't to say that a person shouldn't open carry or get into another tired debate over concealed vs open carry.

These are reasons to carry concealed, and why a person should do so as a general rule. Concealed Carry Offends No One One of the reasons why you should concealed carry has to do with your fellow citizens. As a gun owner, you are responsible for what you do with your guns and how you comport yourself with them. If you are open carrying - even if you have every legal right to do so - and you cause someone to become uncomfortable or possibly trigger some sort of emotional event, that is something that you possibly could have prevented by concealing. Granted, some people are absolutely terrified of guns for illogical reasons and others are completely comfortable around them, but you can't anticipate whom you will be around nor what their outlook will be. What you can control is whether they are made aware of you carrying. Thus, carrying concealed ensures that you won't accidentally cause a panic even if all you're doing is stopping in someplace to grab a coffee.

A CCW Won't Be Noticed By Criminals Another reason why you should concealed carry is that you won't be noticed by opportunistic criminals. Granted, some claim that open carry acts as a deterrent but open carry hasn't been found to be effective as a deterrent to criminals in any data-supported sense. It is also the case that not carrying concealed can make you a target. There have been instances of people open carrying being targeted for theft of the pistol, assault and other crimes. By keeping concealment, you make yourself less of an obvious target and cease to be thought of as a threat. This can give you the element of surprise, which can be invaluable.

Concealed Carry Is An Insurance Policy Against The Worst Possibilities Some people think that the primary reason a person wants to concealed carry is extreme paranoia. If you really think you'll come under attack, the idea goes, then you either need medication or should move post haste. It's true that paranoia can be induced by a mental health condition and also that dangerous areas should be avoided, but that's not why most people concealed carry. Concealed carry is an insurance policy against a possible threat. via GIPHY Granted, the odds of encountering such a threat are very low...but then again, the odds you'll be in a car crash are low, which hardly stops anyone from purchasing car insurance. The idea is to have a solution for the worst-case scenario. Therefore, it's about possibilities, not probabilities. Another thing to bear in mind about this form of insurance is that the odds that you'll be able to summon a police officer in time to deal with a violent criminal are incredibly low. It's not their fault; unless you live next door to a police station it just becomes impractical. In fact, most violent crimes unfold so fast, the only way a police officer would be able to do anything would be if he was in the room.

What can a person do to insure themselves against the things that might happen? Carry a concealed handgun. .

Continue reading at: http://aliengearholsters.com/blog/yo...rry-concealed/

Personally I prefer concealed carry and I can see the logic in SOME not all of the reasons stated, I also think AG for the most part makes shitty holsters.
    Last edited by Hodgie; December 5th, 2017 at 09:18 PM.

They also make OWB holsters with level II retention which is most likely not marketed to CCers.

I'm certainly not "so damn upset" because I don't really care about what is posted on this blog. I do, however, think it's idiotic to suggest a subset of your customer base is less than responsible.

It's one man's opinion and his BIO does not say whether he actually works for or owns AG.

(Lancaster County)

He takes it a little farther than just “ I think it’s better”

More responsible? Make someone uncomfortable?
    And you say some people get pissed when open carry is questioned. Well yeah, when they are being disparaged and the typical myths are used to bolster the idea that open carry dangerous, irresponsible, obnoxious.

The correct place to open carry in the writers opinion I bet is at an open carry rally, in ones home or possibly but doubtfully at the range.

The truth is most people that open carry don’t think about it. It’s like wearing a wristwatch or ball cap. You just do it and get used to it and it’s second nature. You’re not thinking “I have a firearm on my hip and everyone can see it”.

What I find amusing is you won’t and don’t hear open carriers commenting on concealed carriers. At all. Ever. But CC guys always have their opinion to share about where, why, when and how.

And I’m not butthurt. This is more like the feeling I have when someone says you can buy guns without a background check at a gun show or you don’t need an ltcf to transport a handgun to wherever you are going and then you can open carry. And they are adamant and get angry when I state otherwise

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I've been carrying my Sig P224 with an Alien Gear IWB holster with the shirt tucked inside of it, so it's visible. It's more comfortable that way, and I can pull my shirt out later if I want to conceal.

What he said doesn't offend me. Too many people are getting offended these days.

(Lancaster County)

The author actually sounds like an idiot. A redundant idiot

maybe they mean responsible in that it will not stir up any ill wind among the non-gun carrying public

(Washington County)

I remember when they were taking heat for criticising the police a little while back. You'd think it would be better for business to just STFU already.

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
    maybe they mean responsible in that it will not stir up any ill wind among the non-gun carrying public
    That's kinda how I took it, like how the PCG recommends hunters do not strap their legally taken harvest to the hood of their truck and drive through town with it possibly pissing off the Anti's into making more trouble for the entire community.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast