Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default GOA ALERT: Email & Call Reps TODAY Vote YES HR38 Concealed Carry Reciprocity on Wed

https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...ementId=420255

GOA ALERT: Email & Call the House of Representatives TODAY - Tell Your Representative to Vote YES on HR 38 Concealed Carry Reciprocity

House Vote on HR 38 is this Wednesday Dec 6 2017

GOA Email Form to Automatically Send a Pre-Written Email to Your Representative Here: https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...ementId=420255

Call the US Capitol Switchboard and Ask to Speak to Your Congressman or Senator Here: 202-224-3121

You Can Find All of Your Elected Officials By Clicking this Link and Entering Your Zip Code In the Search Box Halfway Down the Page
    Here:
    https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/home?0

House of Representatives to vote on HR38 Concealed Carry Reciprocity this week

This is the big week.

It looks like at long last, the House will finally vote on a concealed carry reciprocity bill, H.R. 38, which includes protections for residents of Constitutional Carry states.

The expected vote could come Wednesday or Thursday.

If the Constitutional Carry reciprocity bill passes the House, it will be a momentous occasion.

The House has passed reciprocity bills in the past -- but they’ve never had a protection for Constitutional Carry states, which is something that GOA has been insisting upon.

Rep. Richard Hudson is the author of the Constitutional Carry reciprocity bill, H.R. 38. In an article that is posted on GOA’s website, he said that:

"Currently, the hodgepodge of concealed carry reciprocity laws and agreements between states is confusing, causing some law-abiding concealed carry permit holders to innocently and unknowingly break the law and suffer arrest, while preventing others from carrying over state lines at all. My bill is a simple, common sense solution -- it will affirm that law-abiding citizens who are qualified to carry concealed firearms in one state can also carry in other states that allow residents to do so.

"This is a simple application of Article IV, Section 1 of the Constitution requiring that states give 'full faith and credit' to the 'public acts, records and judicial proceedings of every other state.'"

We couldn’t agree more.

And that’s why we need you to contact your Congressman and urge them to vote for H.R. 38, the concealed carry reciprocity bill.

GOA Stands Firm in Opposition to Gun Control

Now, for another matter.

For a couple of weeks following the Sutherland Springs shooting, it seemed that Congress was going to pass an anti-gun “Fix NICS” bill before getting to any pro-gun legislation.

If you are wondering why there is so much impetus to pass the Fix NICS gun control bill, here’s why:

"Everyone loves [the Fix NICS] bill. The NRA and the NSSF jumped on board; ditto Gabby Giffords and Everytown-Moms. Well, almost everyone. The group which claims it’s the only group standing between freedom and fascism, a.k.a. Gun Owners of America, told its members to demand that we stop trying to 'fix an unconstitutional system' because background checks of any kind are an 'infringement on 2nd-Amendment rights.'" -- Huffington Post, November 20, 2017

Almost everyone in Washington supports “Fix NICS” as a way of “doing something” to stop the type of shootings we’ve seen recently.

Of course, it won’t stop shootings like that.

But now, it is very possible that the House will combine the “Fix NICS” legislation with the reciprocity bill.

Ultimately, Gun Owners of America prefers that Congress send a clean reciprocity bill to the President.

But if the House combines the two bills together, one of two things will happen.

First, combining the two bills could end up killing the Fix NICS legislation. As a stand-alone bill, because of the support of the NRA and many in the House leadership, Fix NICS has enough votes to pass VERY EASILY in the House and Senate.

But it is very likely that Democrats would oppose a combined bill and filibuster it in the Senate. For this reason, prominent Senate Republicans and Democrats oppose combining the two bills -- because they don’t want to kill the Fix NICS legislation.

Second, there is the slight possibility that combining the two bills will help concealed reciprocity go to the President’s desk.

As the situation stands now, Senate Democrats have enough votes to filibuster and kill reciprocity. But a combined bill might encourage some Red State Democrats to break from Schumer and vote “aye” on the bill.

Regardless of what happens, GOA’s message to Capitol Hill remains the same -- we want concealed carry reciprocity; we don’t want more gun control.

Thank you for taking action.

https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...ementId=420255

GOA ALERT: Email & Call the House of Representatives TODAY - Tell Your Representative to Vote YES on HR 38 Concealed Carry Reciprocity

House Vote on HR 38 is this Wednesday Dec 6 2017

GOA Email Form to Automatically Send a Pre-Written Email to Your Representative Here: https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...ementId=420255

Call the US Capitol Switchboard and Ask to Speak to Your Congressman or Senator Here: 202-224-3121

You Can Find All of Your Elected Officials By Clicking this Link and Entering Your Zip Code In the Search Box Halfway Down the Page
    Here:
    https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/home?0.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Default Re: GOA ALERT: Email & Call Reps TODAY Vote YES HR38 Concealed Carry Reciprocity on W

Done here too, the NRA makes it easy enough that there's no excuse not to.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Default Re: GOA ALERT: Email & Call Reps TODAY Vote YES HR38 Concealed Carry Reciprocity on W

Done!

(Bucks County)

Done---that was easy!
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Montgomery County)

This is an important vote to participate in.
    I encourage all the casual readers of the forum to please follow the link, read the short description, and then follow the instructions to send a pre-written email to your Representative.
    If you want to really help our effort to protect the right to bear arms, you can also follow the instructions to call your Representative's office.
    Sending the email takes about 2 minutes.
    Making the phone call takes about 2 minutes.
    By offering just 4 minutes of your time, you will be doing a great service for yourself and for the Second Amendment community as a whole.
    This is an easy way to do your part to help protect your right to bear arms in defense of yourself and the nation.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

I have done so- and while I did not say this to my representatives- I have a bad feeling that this legislation will tank. I will be 'supremely' pissed off if it does- and the last time I have ever felt this angry about anything (that I am willing to share) is when Illinois denied me my right to carry a gun. I now carry a gun.