Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: CMP 1911 purchase requirements!

Again , much like the Garands , we just don't know what is in storage. Several UNOPENED crates of UNISSUED , UNFIRED H&R Garands came back from Greece , still with the silver rust preventative paper on the rear sights and muzzle/gas cylinders , VCI tubes still in the bore. I gladly paid $2500 for one. It's still in the CMP box.

As a former Navy Ordnanceman , I know for a fact there were crates of unissued 1911A1s in storage at Station Ordnance NS Norfolk back in the early 80s. I saw them. Most bases I was at had some beaters in the ready racks , and some minty guns in arms chests and some that were never opened. I'm hoping these are what went into storage and will eventually be offered. I have a few 'shooters' and am willing to wait and see if the guns are as bad as the know-it-alls are saying , or will be worth the effort and money. I just find it amusing and annoying that all these yokels want the rules changed so they get one first and free.

I'm also hoping some of the 1911A1's with .22 conversions were stored and become available. We shot those during boot camp at Great Lakes. Most bases with indoor ranges had some too.

remrandwbox.jpg

Remington_Rands.jpg
    Last edited by abner13; December 16th, 2017 at 02:12 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    I’ll admit also since I’m not a real huge 1911 fan, probably because of the lack of affordable examples out there.

You can buy an all-out custom combat Taurus or Rock Island USGI lookalike for under $500.

Seems you are a little upset yourself...

No reply on my showing you that your “dense” comment was totally uncalled for if one “slowly” read the latest comments from Mark Johnson eh?
    I (and Mark Johnson) replied to that earlier. The CMP reps met with reps from the Congressional committee and reps from the Dept of the Army for a long time to hash out all these details before the sales protocol was approved. They want to be able to track and show these guns are not going to people who should not have them. The records will be audited , blessed and approved every year before the next years lot of 10,000 are released for sale.

The first time a pistol sold thru this program is found at or to have been used in a crime , it will be ended.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    You can buy an all-out custom combat Taurus or Rock Island USGI lookalike for under $500.
    I meant USGI examples.

(Indiana County)

I (and Mark Johnson) replied to that earlier. The CMP reps met with reps from the Congressional committee and reps from the Dept of the Army for a long time to hash out all these details before the sales protocol was approved. They want to be able to track and show these guns are not going to people who should not have them. The records will be audited , blessed and approved every year before the next years lot of 10,000 are released for sale.

The first time a pistol sold thru this program is found at or to have been used in a crime , it will be ended.
    Even though I am dense, I understand there are rules in place, but I can also read.
    And reading the latest statement from Mark Johnson and his mention of how the “committee” is still making up rules tells me that the Army and Congress set up guidelines and not hard rules because if they had, the “committee” wouldn’t be releasing new information on things they have just decided.

But I’m dense so...

(Bucks County)

Again , much like the Garands , we just don't know what is in storage. Several UNOPENED crates of UNISSUED , UNFIRED H&R Garands came back from Greece , still with the silver rust preventative paper on the rear sights and muzzle/gas cylinders , VCI tubes still in the bore. I gladly paid $2500 for one.
    $2500! What are you talking about? The CMP just gouges everyone. It should be free! You can buy an unissued, unfired H&R Garand for.........for.......uh........nevermind.

This is thread is getting old.

(Allegheny County)

DOD via NDAA: "Since we can't destroy them, CMP will sell this many guns through certain FFLs at fair market value and will comply with these reporting requirements or else."

CMP: "Well I guess we'll grade them, price them accordingly, and use a lottery system to distribute them."

PAFOA Braintrust: "Damn the CMP for making up all these onerous rules just to screw me over... these junkers that I don't even want should be cheap and easy to get."

Think that about sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    $2500! What are you talking about? The CMP just gouges everyone. It should be free! You can buy an unissued, unfired H&R Garand for.........for.......uh........nevermind.

This is thread is getting old.
    new garands.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    DOD via NDAA: "Since we can't destroy them, CMP will sell this many guns through certain FFLs at fair market value and will comply with these reporting requirements or else."

CMP: "Well I guess we'll grade them, price them accordingly, and use a lottery system to distribute them."

PAFOA Braintrust: "Damn the CMP for making up all these onerous rules just to screw me over... these junkers that I don't even want should be cheap and easy to get."

Think that about sums it up.

I meant USGI examples.

Just get a set of steel stamps and stamp US PROPERTY on it. You'll never know the difference.

Colt made a run of reproduction (reissue?) 1911's and 1911A1's. Made just like the originals with original markings , but modern steel and heat treat. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/726450224
    Last edited by abner13; December 16th, 2017 at 10:10 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast