Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Oaks Gunshow 12/15,16,17 2017

Quote Originally Posted by jsphilly View Post
    Was he the table with all the 870 Marine Magnums?
    I doubt it. That was Phoenix Police Distributors. They told me they sold quite a number of them. Along with a bunch of other stuff.

Most of the vendors I spoke with had a pretty good show overall. Especially the firearms dealers.

I had a great show. I sold all across the spectrum of merchandise from inexpensive shooters to high-end collectables. Thanks to everyone who stopped by, even if you didn't make a purchase.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    A vendor friend of mine has over 70 shotguns accumulated over his FFL and said he did not move one,he was disapointed,told him cut your losses and do a two fer sale !
    If you can't sell guns at that show, you can't sell them anywhere. Lots of folks like me in attendance with cash burning holes in our pockets. Was your dealer friend perhaps the owner of "Indian River Collectibles"? For those unacquainted with this guy, he always has a spot right at the entrance, and has an incredible inventory of vintage firearms, mostly pistols. None of them have prices on them, and from what I am told, he won't let anything go for less than about 150% of its retail market value. The depression-era mentality that I inherited from my parents does not allow me to give his stuff more than a quick glance. If you can't sell at your asking price, lower it: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/demand-curve.asp

Quote Originally Posted by fritz1255 View Post
    If you can't sell guns at that show, you can't sell them anywhere. Lots of folks like me in attendance with cash burning holes in our pockets. Was your dealer friend perhaps the owner of "Indian River Collectibles"? For those unacquainted with this guy, he always has a spot right at the entrance, and has an incredible inventory of vintage firearms, mostly pistols. None of them have prices on them, and from what I am told, he won't let anything go for less than about 150% of its retail market value. The depression-era mentality that I inherited from my parents does not allow me to give his stuff more than a quick glance. If you can't sell at your asking price, lower it: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/demand-curve.asp
    I remember that guy, usually miserable too, right?

(Berks County)

Anyone have any contact info on the FENIX Flashligt dealer that was setup in the 1st Hall?

I don't even look at his table anymore...why bother?

(Westmoreland County)

I wise fellow dealer once commented "If you can't sell anything here [Oaks] you either need to adjust your merchandise or your price or your attitude." I replied "More likely the latter." I frequently observe vendors with overpriced merchandise, some of it truly atrocious, with near ZERO skills in dealing with people. I also see vendors with merchandise, most of it very good quality, with prices ranging from good bargains to higher than average market; yet these dealers sell constantly due to their ability to deal well with buyers. Many of the really good sellers also have quality help that assist in everything from sales to Instacheck/paperwork/customer checkout. I think a few of the dealers try to Go-it-alone at some of these shows and get a bit overwhelmed with trying to sell and do all the paperwork/background check stuff they don't have time to do give a prospective buyer the time and attention they should. If you have one or two tables it's not so bad but these guys with 3-4- and 5 tables or more doing this by themselves are just spinning their wheels and not able to keep up.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    I wise fellow dealer once commented "If you can't sell anything here [Oaks] you either need to adjust your merchandise or your price or your attitude." I replied "More likely the latter." I frequently observe vendors with overpriced merchandise, some of it truly atrocious, with near ZERO skills in dealing with people. I also see vendors with merchandise, most of it very good quality, with prices ranging from good bargains to higher than average market; yet these dealers sell constantly due to their ability to deal well with buyers. Many of the really good sellers also have quality help that assist in everything from sales to Instacheck/paperwork/customer checkout. I think a few of the dealers try to Go-it-alone at some of these shows and get a bit overwhelmed with trying to sell and do all the paperwork/background check stuff they don't have time to do give a prospective buyer the time and attention they should. If you have one or two tables it's not so bad but these guys with 3-4- and 5 tables or more doing this by themselves are just spinning their wheels and not able to keep up.
    All the guns I have bought at a gun show have been with dealers who had people helping them. They were all also willing to deal a bit. I hate a hard sell or someone who gives the impression that they want to be done with you as soon as they can. I know time is money but paying attention to me and only me when we are dealing is a must for me.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

1 thing that will kill a deal for me is when the seller starts some heavy BS sales pitch. That's why I refer to some as 'hucksters'. Some are as obnoxious as carnival 'barkers'.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

I admire them all. It's a tough way to make a living. I can't imagine paying bills seling at gun shows. I wisht somebody here could tell us what selling is like there.

(Luzerne County)

Default Fenix

Quote Originally Posted by SteveO666 View Post
    Anyone have any contact info on the FENIX Flashligt dealer that was setup in the 1st Hall?
    I remember that stall holder, but don't know his name or anything about him.

However, I do have quite a few Fenix flashlights.

I buy from B&H Photo in NYC. You can deal directly on their website too and avoid sales tax ... usually shipping is free or very reasonable.

As with most products they sell, their prices can't be beat!

Good Luck!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122