Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Union County)

Default Re: Oaks Gunshow 12/15,16,17 2017

The last Oaks show I was at, was the same one just before Christmas last year. I remember a guy they're selling soup. Specifically, New England clam chowder. It was amazing. I may go just for that LMAO
    Last edited by Nopetrol; December 5th, 2017 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Spell check is for me!
    Something clever belongs here. Same screen name at ARFCOM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Do you mean the imitation crab meat?
    Yeah, I think there's a little of that in the mix along with some real stuff, probably raised in the swamps of Thailand.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nopetrol View Post
    The last Oaks show I was at, was the same one just before Christmas last year. I remember a guy they're selling soup. Specifically, New England clam chowder. It was amazing. I may go just for that LMAO
    I'll keep that in mind, I like a good NE clam chowder.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Yeah, I think there's a little of that in the mix along with some real stuff, probably raised in the swamps of Thailand.
    The crab cakes might be delicious but it's kind of lame of them to be using any amount of fake crab meat in them.When people spend crabcake money they want real crab!
    That reminds me of a local seafood take out place that I will never go to again;ordered a fried scallop platter and when I got it I knew right away that the "scallops"was Van De Kamps fake.I took it back and told the guy at the counter that I asked for scallops to which he replied,"those are scallops".I told him"you know damned well that those are imitation and there aint no scallop in there!
    Last edited by Krichardson; December 5th, 2017 at 07:53 PM.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    The crab cakes might be delicious but it's kind of lame of them to be using any amount of fake crab meat in them.When people spend crabcake money they want real crab!
    That reminds me of a local seafood take out place that I will never go to again;ordered a fried scallop platter and when I got it I knew right away that the "scallops"was Van De Kamps fake.I took it back and told the guy at the counter that I asked for scallops to which he replied,"those are scallops".I told him"you know damned well that those are imitation and there aint no scallop in there!
    I do agree but if you go to the show check 'em out and let me know what you think of them, it is a minimal amount of fake stuff. I'm thinking of going Friday evening and I'll see if I can find the stand. I have a brother who sometimes doesn't seem too swift, I've seen him order food where he should have known better. One time we were at a diner in WV and he ordered crab cakes. I laughed my ass off when he started eating them.

(Philadelphia County)

I do agree but if you go to the show check 'em out and let me know what you think of them, it is a minimal amount of fake stuff. I'm thinking of going Friday evening and I'll see if I can find the stand. I have a brother who sometimes doesn't seem too swift, I've seen him order food where he should have known better. One time we were at a diner in WV and he ordered crab cakes. I laughed my ass off when he started eating them.
    I will,under your recommondation seek them out when I go.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Philadelphia County)

The continual great deal at the Oaks show, is from the ammo can man-- just past the main entrance to the center hall.

On Friday at the last three day show, his Great Wall of 50cal ammo cans was tagged at $5each. By Sunday, they were going for $7. He must have gone through two or three wall constructions that weekend.

I asked him once about his supply...he explained that it was pretty much bottomless as it's straight from the depot wholesaler.

He's always got a decent cache of 30cal cans too. And a smaller stock of cans for larger ordnance like 81mm mortar rounds and 40mm cans.

(Lehigh County)

WV is only a couple hour drive from the Cheasapeake Bay. There was a vendor that used to bring in a truckload of fresh seafood just outside Harper's Ferry on weekends. They had some really good stuff.

OK, they might have been just over the MD line, but only about a quarter mile.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

This thread and show are getting a good bit of chatter here...don't forget it is NOT this weekend, it's next weekend.

(Lehigh County)

I am hoping ammo can are still at $7 or less. I could really use a bunch more for storing ammo.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast