Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
Results 211 to 220 of 220
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ligonier, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    1,242
    Rep Power
    9812051

    Default Re: Oaks Gunshow 12/15,16,17 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by jsphilly View Post
    Was he the table with all the 870 Marine Magnums?
    I doubt it. That was Phoenix Police Distributors. They told me they sold quite a number of them. Along with a bunch of other stuff.

    Most of the vendors I spoke with had a pretty good show overall. Especially the firearms dealers.

    I had a great show. I sold all across the spectrum of merchandise from inexpensive shooters to high-end collectables. Thanks to everyone who stopped by, even if you didn't make a purchase.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    New London, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    427512

    Default Re: Oaks Gunshow 12/15,16,17 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    A vendor friend of mine has over 70 shotguns accumulated over his FFL and said he did not move one,he was disapointed,told him cut your losses and do a two fer sale !
    If you can't sell guns at that show, you can't sell them anywhere. Lots of folks like me in attendance with cash burning holes in our pockets. Was your dealer friend perhaps the owner of "Indian River Collectibles"? For those unacquainted with this guy, he always has a spot right at the entrance, and has an incredible inventory of vintage firearms, mostly pistols. None of them have prices on them, and from what I am told, he won't let anything go for less than about 150% of its retail market value. The depression-era mentality that I inherited from my parents does not allow me to give his stuff more than a quick glance. If you can't sell at your asking price, lower it: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/demand-curve.asp

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,714
    Rep Power
    21474856

    Default Re: Oaks Gunshow 12/15,16,17 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by fritz1255 View Post
    If you can't sell guns at that show, you can't sell them anywhere. Lots of folks like me in attendance with cash burning holes in our pockets. Was your dealer friend perhaps the owner of "Indian River Collectibles"? For those unacquainted with this guy, he always has a spot right at the entrance, and has an incredible inventory of vintage firearms, mostly pistols. None of them have prices on them, and from what I am told, he won't let anything go for less than about 150% of its retail market value. The depression-era mentality that I inherited from my parents does not allow me to give his stuff more than a quick glance. If you can't sell at your asking price, lower it: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/demand-curve.asp
    I remember that guy, usually miserable too, right?

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Shillington, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    299024

    Default Re: Oaks Gunshow 12/15,16,17 2017

    Anyone have any contact info on the FENIX Flashligt dealer that was setup in the 1st Hall?

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Ephrata, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Oaks Gunshow 12/15,16,17 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by fritz1255 View Post
    If you can't sell guns at that show, you can't sell them anywhere. Lots of folks like me in attendance with cash burning holes in our pockets. Was your dealer friend perhaps the owner of "Indian River Collectibles"? For those unacquainted with this guy, he always has a spot right at the entrance, and has an incredible inventory of vintage firearms, mostly pistols. None of them have prices on them, and from what I am told, he won't let anything go for less than about 150% of its retail market value. The depression-era mentality that I inherited from my parents does not allow me to give his stuff more than a quick glance. If you can't sell at your asking price, lower it: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/demand-curve.asp
    I don't even look at his table anymore...why bother?

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ligonier, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    1,242
    Rep Power
    9812051

    Default Re: Oaks Gunshow 12/15,16,17 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by fritz1255 View Post
    If you can't sell guns at that show, you can't sell them anywhere. Lots of folks like me in attendance with cash burning holes in our pockets. Was your dealer friend perhaps the owner of "Indian River Collectibles"? For those unacquainted with this guy, he always has a spot right at the entrance, and has an incredible inventory of vintage firearms, mostly pistols. None of them have prices on them, and from what I am told, he won't let anything go for less than about 150% of its retail market value. The depression-era mentality that I inherited from my parents does not allow me to give his stuff more than a quick glance. If you can't sell at your asking price, lower it: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/demand-curve.asp
    I wise fellow dealer once commented "If you can't sell anything here [Oaks] you either need to adjust your merchandise or your price or your attitude." I replied "More likely the latter." I frequently observe vendors with overpriced merchandise, some of it truly atrocious, with near ZERO skills in dealing with people. I also see vendors with merchandise, most of it very good quality, with prices ranging from good bargains to higher than average market; yet these dealers sell constantly due to their ability to deal well with buyers. Many of the really good sellers also have quality help that assist in everything from sales to Instacheck/paperwork/customer checkout. I think a few of the dealers try to Go-it-alone at some of these shows and get a bit overwhelmed with trying to sell and do all the paperwork/background check stuff they don't have time to do give a prospective buyer the time and attention they should. If you have one or two tables it's not so bad but these guys with 3-4- and 5 tables or more doing this by themselves are just spinning their wheels and not able to keep up.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Primos, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,830
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Oaks Gunshow 12/15,16,17 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    I wise fellow dealer once commented "If you can't sell anything here [Oaks] you either need to adjust your merchandise or your price or your attitude." I replied "More likely the latter." I frequently observe vendors with overpriced merchandise, some of it truly atrocious, with near ZERO skills in dealing with people. I also see vendors with merchandise, most of it very good quality, with prices ranging from good bargains to higher than average market; yet these dealers sell constantly due to their ability to deal well with buyers. Many of the really good sellers also have quality help that assist in everything from sales to Instacheck/paperwork/customer checkout. I think a few of the dealers try to Go-it-alone at some of these shows and get a bit overwhelmed with trying to sell and do all the paperwork/background check stuff they don't have time to do give a prospective buyer the time and attention they should. If you have one or two tables it's not so bad but these guys with 3-4- and 5 tables or more doing this by themselves are just spinning their wheels and not able to keep up.
    All the guns I have bought at a gun show have been with dealers who had people helping them. They were all also willing to deal a bit. I hate a hard sell or someone who gives the impression that they want to be done with you as soon as they can. I know time is money but paying attention to me and only me when we are dealing is a must for me.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Penn area, Pennsylvania
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,418
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Oaks Gunshow 12/15,16,17 2017

    1 thing that will kill a deal for me is when the seller starts some heavy BS sales pitch. That's why I refer to some as 'hucksters'. Some are as obnoxious as carnival 'barkers'.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,755
    Rep Power
    2251239

    Default Re: Oaks Gunshow 12/15,16,17 2017

    I admire them all. It's a tough way to make a living. I can't imagine paying bills seling at gun shows. I wisht somebody here could tell us what selling is like there.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Northeastern, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Fenix

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO666 View Post
    Anyone have any contact info on the FENIX Flashligt dealer that was setup in the 1st Hall?
    I remember that stall holder, but don't know his name or anything about him.

    However, I do have quite a few Fenix flashlights.

    I buy from B&H Photo in NYC. You can deal directly on their website too and avoid sales tax ... usually shipping is free or very reasonable.

    As with most products they sell, their prices can't be beat!

    Good Luck!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Similar Threads

  1. Oaks Extravaganza Mar 24, 25, 26 2017
    By bug in forum Gun Shows
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: April 5th, 2017, 10:57 AM
  2. Indiana Pa Gunshow, S&T Arena, Feb 18-19 2017
    By 39flathead in forum Gun Shows
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: February 23rd, 2017, 08:15 PM
  3. Oaks 3 Day Gunshow Feb 10, 11&12, 2017
    By bug in forum Gun Shows
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: February 16th, 2017, 07:01 PM
  4. Oaks Gunshow, Aug 6th, 7th Two day Show
    By bug in forum Gun Shows
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: August 9th, 2016, 06:05 PM
  5. Oct 2, 3, 4 Oaks Gunshow
    By bug in forum Gun Shows
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: October 7th, 2015, 06:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops