Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Retired Military Commanders urge Congress to address 'gun violence crisis'

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Rule-to-remember #1:

The military is NOT a democracy.

Rule-to-remember #2:

See #1
    Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    Rule number #3: When you sign your name on the dotted line, you sign away most of your rights. It was still worth it to me.
    these "retired military commanders" need to be reminded, that life in the military is NOT a reflection of life in general. now go sit in a rocking chair someplace and yell at kids to get off your lawn.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Retired Military Commanders urge Congress to address 'gun violence crisis'

Quote Originally Posted by Berks_Iraq_Vet View Post
    Wore pressed MOPP suit during NTC rotation.
    Whiskey

Tango

Foxtrot

Over

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Rule-to-remember #1:

The military is NOT a democracy.

Rule-to-remember #2:

See #1
    Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    Rule number #3: When you sign your name on the dotted line, you sign away most of your rights. It was still worth it to me.
    Truth, and each time I vote I know I earned it.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    I agree, we have to do something about gun violence. How about we start with enforcing current gun laws ???
    Only law that needs to be followed is "Thou shalt not kill (murder)".
    MikeP

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    I see they are still ending with the "We need both sides to sit down and have a serious discussion" meme.

They want 100 percent ability to dictate what "common sense gun control" means, and reserve the right to change that definition whenever they feel like it. A serious discussion is the last thing they want. . . .
    The liberals always claim to want a national "discussion" or "dialogue". I chuckle at it. Their idea of a discussion is to dictate terms, shout down the opposition or, in the case of Antifa and university ensconced social justice warriors (the combined military wing of the Democrat party), to literally bludgeon their opponents into submission. I completely agree with you, a discussion is the last thing they want.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    About a year and a half ago the retired astronaut and spouse of Gabby Giffords, Mark Kelly teamed up with Retired U.S. Army Gen. David Petraeus to form the anti gun lobbying group “Veterans Coalition for Common Sense”.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/10/politi...rol/index.html

Now Kelly teams up with these other retired generals to form another anti-gun group. It doesn’t take a detective to determine that someone is cashing in on the anti-gun movement using retired generals as his puppets.
    Yes, isn't Kelly the same clown that used to be a firearms enthusiast. The same clown that bought an AR after his ditzy wife pushed for a semi auto ban. When Kelly was called on the purchase, he came up with some idiotic and invalid excuse that he was only trying to show how easy it was to purchase such a weapon. Of course he was challenged as to why he took possession of the firearm if ease of purchase was his only reasoning. Even the antis rolled their eyes with that comment, electing not to comment further on the incident.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Yes, isn't Kelly the same clown that used to be a firearms enthusiast. The same clown that bought an AR after his ditzy wife pushed for a semi auto ban. When Kelly was called on the purchase, he came up with some idiotic and invalid excuse that he was only trying to show how easy it was to purchase such a weapon. Of course he was challenged as to why he took possession of the firearm if ease of purchase was his only reasoning. Even the antis rolled their eyes with that comment, electing not to comment further on the incident.
    Yeah that's him. Maybe he is also related to Megyn.

(Warren County)

More officers earned my Disrespect than my respect.

Every LtCol and up got there by being a politician.

20 years in and retired as Msgt. I know what I am talking about.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    One more reason why I don't have a high opinion of military officers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/af...D=ansmsnnews11
    The .mil officer corp has always been a bunch of politicians. the higher the rank, the more political.

No diff here in civvie business world - no matter how bad a company's direction, no one in mgmt will raise their cowardly heads over the trenchline to tell the emperor that he has no clothes and/or the baby is ugly. To do so is to lose your place at the bonus and stock option trough...
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    The .mil officer corp has always been a bunch of politicians. the higher the rank, the more political.

No diff here in civvie business world - no matter how bad a company's direction, no one in mgmt will raise their cowardly heads over the trenchline to tell the emperor that he has no clothes and/or the baby is ugly. To do so is to lose your place at the bonus and stock option trough...

Wow, so true.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast