Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: It's out of committee...

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Not becoming a felon when crossing an imaginary line has a very calming influence on me.
    I'm not disagree with that. But I did want to point something out.

Illegal aliens probably feel the same way about a different imaginary line. As do their supporters.

It is important to be careful with terminology.
    I was being careful.

I am a natural-born U.S. Citizen. Under the U.S. Constitution (as amended) the PA-NJ line is an imaginary line, because all protections offered by said constitution (should/are supposed to) apply to me equally regardless of which side I am on.

(Inter)national borders are something else entirely, and are (often) physically demarcated for that reason.
    Last edited by Sgt.K; December 4th, 2017 at 02:13 PM. Reason: spelling

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    (Inter)national borders are something else entirely, and are (often) physically demarcated for that reason.

I remember well the inter-German border between the German Federal Republic and the German Democratic Republic - warning signs, minefields, barbed wire and watch towers - not all that different between how it should be between the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey.

(Bucks County)

Illegal aliens probably feel the same way about a different imaginary line. As do their supporters.

Go look at a map! State lines are a series of dashes. National boundaries are a solid, bold line. Everyone knows humans cannot transit through a solid. See? You can cross state lines between the dashes. There are no gaps in national boundary lines.
    Glad I could clear that up!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    I remember well the inter-German border between the German Federal Republic and the German Democratic Republic - warning signs, minefields, barbed wire and watch towers - not all that different between how it should be between the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey.
    As i understand it, that area is now one heck of a semi-linear park. It was easier to make it a preserve than guarantee 100% perfect cleanup.

from Wikipedia: In December 1989, only a month after the opening of the border, conservationists from East and West Germany met to work out a plan to establish a "German Green Belt" (Grünes Band Deutschland) stretching from the Baltic Sea to the Czech border.[190] The Bundestag voted unanimously in December 2004 to extend federal protection to the Green Belt and incorporate it into a "European Green Belt" being developed along the entire 6,800-kilometre (4,200 mi) length of the former Iron Curtain. The German Green Belt now links 160 natural parks, 150 flora-and-fauna areas, three UNESCO biosphere reservations and the Harz Mountains National Park.[191] It is home to a wide variety of species that are rare elsewhere in Germany, including the wild cat, black stork, otter and rare mosses and orchids. Most of Germany's red kites – more than half of the 25,000 that live in Europe – live along the former border.[190] The Bund Naturschutz, one of Germany's largest conservation groups, is campaigning to extend the area within the Green Belt designated as nature conservation zones.[192]

[190] Paterson, Tony (17 May 2009). "From Iron Curtain to Green Belt". Independent On Sunday.
    [191] Cramer, Michael (2008). German-German Border Trail. Rodingersdorf: Esterbauer. ISBN 978-3-85000-254-7.
    [192] Hall, Allan (19 May 2008). "Cold War legacy a haven for nature". The Age.
    Last edited by gghbi; December 4th, 2017 at 04:10 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Washington County)

A national border and National Sovereignty are completely different matters. We as a nation have the sovereign right to determine who can and cannot enter our country and/or stay here.

But as far as state borders are concerned, we are supposed to be the UNITED States, all of which should respect The Bill of Rights of citizens equally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12