Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Wink Video of government official with a 'gat' to fight off a big cat cause a big spat!

BJP Minister's video with a pistol goes viral, says it was for protection against killer leopard

mid-day.com/articles/bjp-ministers-video-with-a-pistol-goes-viral-says-it-was-for-protection-against-killer-leopard/18782163

While shooting orders have been issued for the leopard that has so far killed four, only Forest officials are authorised to take down the animal.

A grab from the video that shows Minister Girish Mahajan holding his pistol while waiting in the bushes for the leopard to emerge

On the hunt for a leopard, BJP Minister Girish Mahajan's decision to whip out his pistol backfired on him, drawing heavy criticism from wildlife activists and political rivals. A video of the gun-toting minister has since gone viral, clearly showing Mahajan with a pistol in his hand, as he joined the forest department team in their search for a leopard that killed four people in Chalisgaon tehsil near Jalgaon.

Locals have appealed to the forest officials to trap the leopard, and since it is a problem animal, the authorities have granted permission to shoot if the big cat proves difficult to capture. However, as per the rules, the animal can only be brought down by an official who has been granted permission to shoot by the state wildlife warden. In light of this, the wildlife activists now demand that the water resources minister be booked under the Wildlife Protection Act.

Activist Dr Sarita Subramanian said, "Who authorised the Minister to go on this hunt? If he did this illegally, then what action will be taken against him and the accompanying officials for trying to kill a species that is protected under the Wildlife Act?"

Official speak
    Sunish Subramanian Kanju, honorary wildlife warden of Mumbai city, said, "The minister should not have displayed the pistol in his hand when the forest department is already looking for the leopard. He should allow the forest officials to do their work; even a minister has to follow the rules and regulations."

Claims self-defence
    A K Misra, principal chief conservator of forest (PCCF) and chief wildlife warden, said, "There have been a series of man-animal conflict incidents in the area, resulting in the death of people, so permission was granted to shoot the animal. Our team is taking all measures to trap the animal alive, but if this is not successful, we will have to shoot as a last resort."

"I did not do any wrong. I was there to meet the family of a leopard attack victim and we heard that the leopard was roaming around nearby. I stayed put with my people; what if I had just got in the car and left? What if someone had been attacked? I carry the licensed pistol everywhere for my own safety. I was not there to hunt the leopard. I haven't killed anything in my entire life. I took out my pistol to fire in the air in case we saw the leopard. It is unbelievable to say that a small firearm like a pistol can kill a leopard."

He added, "I don't mind if my political opponents file a complaint against me, seek my resignation and ouster from the cabinet. Let my opponents do their job and let me do my own job. I'm responsible for my own people."

Default Re: Video of government official with a 'gat' to fight off a big cat cause a big spat

He looks kinda 80's action hero cool....
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

(Chester County)

Default Re: Video of government official with a 'gat' to fight off a big cat cause a big spat

Death by government regulation.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Dauphin County)

Indian Burt Reynolds.

The link wont work for me.

But,,,, It is a leopard, belongs in the forest/jungle/woods.
    Who is trespassing?

(Bucks County)

Seems the concept of government is a failed idea everywhere...

(Chester County)

1 out of 1billion+ people, no big loss.

1 leopard out of maybe 10,000 in India?

I guess we now know what the Indian government values more.

(Bucks County)

Thought it is any mammal over person. Maybe just the special ones....like them sacred cows and street rats...or do I have the wrong country...?

(Perry County)

We're the alpha predator on the planet. We take a back seat to none and only those we choose to let live get to live.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato