Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Silencer 1 week from order to Dealer's door.

So I ordered a silencer for my dad last week on a Black Friday sale. $79 bucks for a Guardian 22. I just got a text from my FFL, and the UPS guy has just left, and he has the silencer.

Hopefully, this is a sign of improving times. I was over 15 months last time from the time of purchase until I got my stamp.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Silencer 1 week from order to Dealer's door.

The Form 3's to get a suppressor from a distributor to a dealer is very fast now for both electronic and paper submissions. However, the wait time for the Form 4's will still take some time just because of the overload that the NFA Branch has to get through. We are however, see approval times inching downwards and is about 8 months or a bit less for Individual Form 4's. Trust Form 4's are still taking longer because of the additional BGC's that have to be done. This is according to the NFA inspector/investigator I talked to last week.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lackawanna County)

Yeah that was the form 3 transfer not the form 4. Currently trending about 140 days individual and more with trusts. Both are dropping though

$79.00 ? Sounds really cheap, but that's about what I paid for my first one.
    Soon after, the baffle strikes started.

(Washington County)

I think I paid $180 for my Guardian 22 a few years ago. Been a great suppressor. It's way overdue for a cleaning that I'm dreading.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

I love mine. However it spends more time with my dad since he is a trustee and uses it for pest control.

(Lackawanna County)

Man I just bought a dead air mask looks like I could have bought a few for what I paid for it

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Man I just bought a dead air mask looks like I could have bought a few for what I paid for it
    The mask is great so don't feel bad. Don't have any experience w the guardian so I can't say how it is. I can say a couple $40 demo .22lr cans came in a couple weeks ago. First shot was pretty loud for sub ammo. The remaining 9 out of a Ruger mk 4 were equally as loud. I jokingly say the can just has all round pop.

Form 4 individuals are down to as low as 6 months from NFA tracker. Seems like form 1 individuals are down to about 4 months. I hope we can get down to 1 month eform times. Heck, eforms are supposed to come back eventually but who knows when.

(Lackawanna County)

Good to hear. It’s got a lot of good reviews. I’ve got a griffin Recce 5 in jail as well debating on a Gemtech arrow yet.

(Centre County)

There are cheap .22 suppressors out there (as compared to inexpensive) but be forewarned. In my experience in the NFA field, you get what you pay for (see see Wildbill990's post above).

I got a cheap .22 demo can and the first time I shot it had a baffle and end cap strike (mounted on a factory threaded barrel that other suppressors have been mounted and shot fine). It was all aluminum, not even any steel for the blast baffle. The company will fix it for me but I'm real leery about them now due to some of their instructions I've seen for their .30 cal suppressor. They want you to only put on the 1st baffle and shoot to make sure no baffle strike. Then put on the next baffle and shoot again, etc., etc., to make sure everything was machined correctly. If anything bad happens they will fix it free (whoopy). This really isn't how it is supposed to work.

Yes, Form 4's for individuals are getting approved a lot quicker as are Form 1's. The BATFE seems to be having so many problems with the E-Form platform I don't know if it ever will b fixed. The need to scrap it and get a reputable software company to come in and start from the ground up and get us a good, reliable system in place.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast