Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

Default Re: Word of wisdom from a deer processor

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ault View Post
    Your last sentence is the key . Now if everyone thought that no one would bitch when it's time to pick their deer meat up after it was processed and the general reason I posted . A lot of guys and gals only see the little hole in the hide and that's it not having the slightest idea what nastiness lies beneath the hide .

And about taking out the fillets and backstraps or else they will vanish . Well that may happen some places I'm sure , but I'm not not ever gonna risk a job I've had for many years and good money near xmass time not to mention a lot of very very bad karma headed my way for a few lbs of deer meat ! No way no how ! And I treat processing others game same as I would if it were my own .
    The primary reason I process my own deer is because I want my deer, all of it. Nothing missing, or being mixed with someone else's gut shot deer (from ground/processed cuts). Glad to hear you are respectful of others hard work. I personally know someone that worked at a large processor, who hasn't hunted in decades, yet always had nice venison cuts, jerky, and meat sticks a plenty during the season. Made me ill seeing it. If you cut up a couple dozen deer a day it's easy to walk out with a small handful every day. That adds up to a lot real quick.

It's a hell of a lot more work doing it myself, in fact I need to get to it today, but it's worth it, and rewarding. Shooting a deer is the easy part.
    Last edited by God's Country; December 8th, 2017 at 02:54 PM.