Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Tired of criminal neighbors poaching, running around w guns, etc

As a gun owner, I can't imagine a situation where I would "rat" or "snitch" on anyone for possessing "illegal" firearms. It's none of my business, and those laws shouldn't exist anyway. (Even if they are really bad guy, GROUP "W" bench types)

As for the game laws, assuming a very rural setting, I'm not ratting a neighbor out for taking game out of season, if it's on their own land.

(Public land, not extremely rural, professional poaching is different story and I'd turn them in)

If you do chose to use the laws against your neighbors, please have the courtesy to let them know YOU were the one who turned them in.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    the trick is to frequently buy shovels, tarps, lime and rope from hardware stores. so the purchase doesn't seem odd to clerks and they don't remember it when questioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    You forgot to say to always use cash, no checks or credit cards! Sad it is when the neighborhood goes to hell, and there is not much you can do about it.
    I recommend to buy the stuff ahead of time and just keep some in stock so when it gets used there are no recent videos of the purchase(s). Only buy amounts that might be needed for one use and store in such a manner that all residue and evidence can be disposed of quickly and easily.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    What does a period mean? See it sometimes color changed to make invisible.
    I use it when I just have to say, "I see stupid people, they're everywhere, they don't even know they're stupid", but I don't feel like typing it out.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

i forgot about using . to subscribe Vs contributing or using the sub button. ah well. there are apparently quite a few reasons.

personally i'd agree with the game commission with seasons and limits. only because people will, and already do shit like, cut out backstraps or something and leave the rest of the carcass in the middle of a parking lot.
    maybe there should be some low income exemptions to the permit pricing but if i recall hunters can already donate their meat to organizations for the poor so maybe just that network should be expanded.
    never understood the "why" to the seasons happening in fall or around mating or anything like that but im sure there is reasoning.
    PGC also uses funding for conservation and enhancement so i do support them to a degree. but dictating maximum rounds allowed and crap like that. requiring X amount of orange Vs advising for that amount...
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    Fiona:
    How much property do you have?
    Do you have access to a backhoe?
    How are your rifle skills?

S
    S
    S
    !
    A fair amount of acreage...careful there I have a big ol backhoe and a dozer and yes...do know how to use them...my rifle skills are mehhh...now give me one of my handguns and no problem there!

I would love to "SSS" but I think my up n coming law enforcement son would have my "lady bits" in a bind

(Venango County)

Thanks to the OP for the update. It helped me find more information on the son.

Both males look prohibited. M1 guilty plea on the son's part for example. IANAL.

You might look like someone trying to harass someone through the Megan's Law website; so that could explain some of the reluctance. Further, police don't work for individual citizens. They might keep the information on file for their next call or if they come across them during hunting. The police and game commission probably don't chase 'minor' individual complaints unless forced to. Is it worth it? I would say probably not. Be lucky you found out and now can move if you have to. Tell them why you wish no further contact, especially for not telling you about the convictions so you could decide the risks for yourself and your family.

You technically could do something about false claims if someone gets disability for a disability they don't really have. But how do you know the exact disability to prove it?

Your energies are probably better applied elsewhere in my opinion. Be sure to periodically check the Megan Law site for nearby sex offenders wherever you or your family spend time. I heard in the news, talk that some wanted the Megan's Law website taken down. Not sure what the status of that is, currently. I hope they don't but I think the argument was constitutionally based.

I do wish you the best of luck. I know you feel betrayed and annoyed. Unfortunately, certain people seem to be able to game the system well. Someone like me would have the book thrown at them for an offense whether intentional or not.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Bradford County)

*****End of Rifle season update*****

Have called the PAGC twice. Spoke with GW Barth on these folks. He "said" ha looked into it and can see no reason why these people can't own weapons and can't hunt. His explanation was he spoke to their previous probation officer and was told they can have guns...UMMMM WTF! So here we have serious criminals hanging out for 2+ weeks shooting deer and I am certain not tagging properly (years past they never did)

I have to go to the county seat Thursday and will be passing the troopers barracks. I will be stopping and be a thorn in their side... I will be bringing up some issues with their criminal history.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I recommend to buy the stuff ahead of time and just keep some in stock so when it gets used there are no recent videos of the purchase(s). Only buy amounts that might be needed for one use and store in such a manner that all residue and evidence can be disposed of quickly and easily.
    Probably better to go buy the stuff in New Jersey.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    How hard is it to assume that she didn't know about the risk of having her children go with them for ice cream?

It's far easier to make that assumption than it is to assume that she knowingly put her children at risk and is only now complaining about them.

If there isn't enough drama, someone always tries to add some. LOL
    OMG!

YU Always add more drama!!!

It's like more cowbell!!!!

ALWAYS MORE!!!!!
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Bradford County)

This criminal added a nice touch here https://www.tnonline.com/palmerton-m...ulting-stepson yes that's our wonderful mountain man, he was also charged with drug charges when picked up, lucky mommy bailed him & sent him up here (Bradford County) to turkey hunt this spring gobbler season.

https://www.tnonline.com/palmerton-police-report-7

And Carbon County says the only thing set on bail is not to go to victims home? So violent criminals are ok to have guns in Pa, guess we know why gun control does not work.

We will be pushing on Carbon County ADA not to plea under the Felony this is one neighbor I like visit in state prison.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast