Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Tired of criminal neighbors poaching, running around w guns, etc

In Philly , dey is cuzins.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    This part has jumped out at me. How, knowing what you know, did you allow your children to go for ice cream? Did they go without telling you? You needed to talk to them and tell them to stay away. Or was this all before you knew?

As for me, I would research the court dockets for all of their cases. If prohibiting, then I would get dated pictures of them with firearms and / or hunting out of season. This can be done covertly or even surreptitiously (in plain view but under guise of friendliness). Turn it over to law enforcement or D.A. Be aware, you may eventually become exposed. Do they have friends or family in Law Enforcement or the courts?

If you are not willing to risk anonymous reporting, then move.

IANAL.
    This + 1. It seems there is more to this story then the initial post. I get the impression that there is a history here between both parties.

I'd call the game commission and PA. State Police to report poaching and/or illegal weapons possession. If you can substantiate the complaint with physical proof like dated photographs and 3rd party witnesses then the better. They do have a right to face their accusers and eventually I'm sure they will discover that it is you who have reported them however if you feel that strongly about this and them poaching and being prohibited then you should also have the follow-through.
    Last edited by Bellerophon; December 1st, 2017 at 07:15 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Strange post and I was surprised at the level headed responses. I think Call the game commission about poaching, police about the guns saying they supposedly are prohibited. Not much more as far as I can tell.

With neighbors like that the first thing I'd do is make sure my property is adequately covered by video cameras recording the feeds. Then pursue contacting the game commission on the poaching. The PGC officer should be able to handle prohibited people possessing firearms.

(Allegheny County)

How hard is it to assume that she didn't know about the risk of having her children go with them for ice cream?

It's far easier to make that assumption than it is to assume that she knowingly put her children at risk and is only now complaining about them.

If there isn't enough drama, someone always tries to add some. LOL
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    How hard is it to assume that she didn't know about the risk of having her children go with them for ice cream?

It's far easier to make that assumption than it is to assume that she knowingly put her children at risk and is only now complaining about them.

If there isn't enough drama, someone always tries to add some. LOL
    Don't become a criminal lawyer, prosecution or defense, or an investigator. Language is my interest and that statement was awkward or odd. It needs to be explained. There is no assuming under the circumstances, lol. Let us try to understand the full situation and leave no stones unturned.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Chester County)

If the criminal has a public record then it's public. I wouldn't post anyone's name that doesn't have an easily accessible public record and I would only post the record. I wouldn't mention any crime you suspect them of. You may be mistaken. I have crack heads that live in a crack house across the road from me. I know what goes on but they don't have a public criminal record I can find so I don't mention their names and I won't upload pictures of the people specifically. I have posted pictures of the damage they've done to my property and how it was conducted using their property.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Susquehanna County)

If you have proof that they are felons in possession of firearms and/or convicted domestic abusers a call to the PSP should solve the problem. Just be sure you are correct in their status as felons! Arrests don't count! ONLY convictions produce bars to firearm possession.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Dauphin County)

Took me less than 2 minutes to locate this person's address.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    Took me less than 2 minutes to locate this person's address.
    Yes, one can port from the PSP Megan's Law site to the Unified Judicial System in PA to find a prohibition. I would ask more questions to be 100% certain or if I were the OP I would know at that point.

ETA = I never had cause to inspect the PSP site in detail before but the full report sure contains a lot of information. I am quite surprised.
    Last edited by TaePo; December 1st, 2017 at 08:55 PM.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast