Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default H&K P2000 Feed Failure

I'm not too familiar with whats going on here, but I am having an intermittant failure to feed issue on a new P2000 (about 500 rounds through it in the first 3 days). I had 2 or 3 failures. I couldn't isolate it to a mag and couldn't repeat it with the same mag on multiple trys. It is a failure of the final round, and the final round only, to feed. The round jams in the vertical position. It happened the first day out after about 50 rounds and on the third day after a good cleaning on the 11th round (first mag of the day). The pistol is immaculate and seems to work fine otherwise. Suggestions? Thanks!

Default Re: H&K P2000 Feed Failure

Clean the hell out of it. Disassemble the magazines and clean them. Check the mag follower and mag lips for and burrs or digs. Reassemble and lightly lubricate. Try again. Make sure you are using standard loads for the caliber, not super hot or reduced power. Make sure you are not limp wristing it.

If it continues, contact HK customer service.

(Schuylkill County)

Is this the fired or unfired round that is sticking up? I have a few thousand rounds through my P2000. I have never had one problem. The first few times my wife shot it, she had 3 or 4 stove pipe james. (The fired round was sticking up.) She was limp wristing it. I corrected her grip and the problem went away. If it is the fired round, that usually means the feed lips on the mag are bad, but you would see a pattern there.

Jeremy

(Chester County)

I had a broken extractor on my HK P2000. I had a bunch of FTF and stove pipes which a few people replicated on it so it wasn't my grip. I had my local gun shop, where I bought it, play with it and they replicated the problem and sent it back to HK. Good luck with the problem solving man, once you figure it out its a hell of a gun to own.

(Chester County)

If it's with a live round, which it sounds like, that sounds like a problem with the magazine. Try marking the baseplates, then putting a tick-mark on the mag when the issue pops up....rotate mags, and compare the ticks at the end of the session.

yeah thats what I tried to do. It happened on the first mag I used so I put it aside and used it in a three mag rotation for about 150 rounds and only had the one initial failure. I think I may number them anyway. It is a live round. Thanks.