Tradition!*

*Apologies to Fiddler on the Roof.
    Well they both have dreads.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Your choice in PA: 2A or medical marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Well they both have dreads.
    Oy!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    If this were true why are all the brothers in the HOOD shooting the hell out of each other?
    Turf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lebanon County)

I read through all pages of this thread and had no luck, so I will ask. What if someone seeking a medical mj card lives with someone who possesses firearms. Will that be treated like a parole/probation situation? Can a person with a medical card be in the same residence where someone elses firearms are kept?

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    I read through all pages of this thread and had no luck, so I will ask. What if someone seeking a medical mj card lives with someone who possesses firearms. Will that be treated like a parole/probation situation? Can a person with a medical card be in the same residence where someone elses firearms are kept?
    My thinking tells me that once you use MJ on the state legal level are are still federally now a prohibited person and all the same rules would apply regardless of the reason of why you are prohibited.

Will your home be raided and your family checked for their legal place of residence and what they may or may not own? Probably not but it’s still not worth the risk to me and I’m in a situation where I either use opioids or nothing for my chronic illness because legal MJ is simply not a choice at this time.

(Allegheny County)

I feel bad for Veterans. I worked for the VA for a decade and I can't tell you how many vets were discontinued from their pain meds because of cannabis use. Even in states like Colorado, it is like this. Exacty for the same reason-- it is federally prohibited. Veterans, many Vietnam vets and very old, don't understand that something can be legal at the state level and illegal at the federal level (honestly, neither can I if you think about it long enough).

Now, I have never done drugs that weren't carefully prescribed and followed to the letter. I try to keep ibuprofen as my "hard stuff." Nevertheless, it seems like a money scam to me to legislate drug use. I think it is totally understandable to arrest and seek out people who are distributors, but not users. It may seem counter-intuitive, but when you look at any prohibition, it creates crime and violence. The harm reduction of telling people who would become addicted to a drug it is illegal is meaningless, because they then just buy it illegally. Those who might not get addicted, get addicted when doctors prescribe drugs that are addictive and then take them off-- forcing them to become addicts.

It is just one more way that the government fails to find real solutions because they don't look and sound good in newspaper headlines. It is what is wrong with the gun debate, drug debate, immigration, social services, etc. People with real solutions can't provide them because voters and TV viewers want a catchy soundbite.

So now we have gun rights infringes as a carrot to try and get people to not use a drug that might provide real medical solutions and would be entirely harmless when regulated by legal industry.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

(Berks County)

It doesn't seem like Trump is anti MJ and I would not be surprised if he lightened up on it a little during his tenure.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Wouldn't surprise me neither.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    If anything, i think the trouble would be the reverse. You as a gun owner would not be allowed in a house with federally illegal drugs. But it is indeed a good question. I would say they need to define it more but they really dont. Its federally illegal and if at any point you're buying something and the check queries by resendence, it could be you thats getting in trouble

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415