Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Your choice in PA: 2A or medical marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by TotinMama View Post
    Lol, state stores, throwing another log on the fire?
    Well, the state is the largest pusher of legal recreational drugs.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

I don't smoke anything or drink so I have no dog in the fight. I just think weed being illegal and alcohol legal is crazy.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Franklin County)

I’ve done some work at a couple places and this was a poster hanging in a dispensary in Cumberland MD
    Last edited by JRswack; December 26th, 2017 at 10:47 PM.

(Chester County)

I'm not much on drugs and never have been. But I have a question. If authorities feel the need to remove firearms from people who use medical marijuana, why don't they also feel the need to remove firearms from people who take narcotic pain killers while in the hospital or for a period of time after surgery? After I had hip replacement, they wanted me to use some narcotic pain killer or other to help with pain, but I avoided using the stuff since I didn't want to chance any kind of addiction, and I didn't want the side effects. But why would that be any different than marijuana? Presumably someone on pain killers would have judgement similarly impaired to marijuana or more so, wouldn't they? And while we're at it, wouldn't those who down several alcoholic drinks before, during, or after dinner be more or less in the same boat, impairment wise? I know one is prohibited from owning a gun if one is a habitual drunkard, but is one who occasionally smokes marijuana for medical reasons a habitual stoner? So why is marijuana different, or is that just possibly the first step to wider gun prohibitions in some authorities minds?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Are you done buying guns from an FFL? If the PA State police were ordered tomorrow to round up the guns they know where about 80% of them are from the Record of Sale Registration list.
    Sweet!! That would make all mine a lot more valuable.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    I'm not much on drugs and never have been. But I have a question. If authorities feel the need to remove firearms from people who use medical marijuana, why don't they also feel the need to remove firearms from people who take narcotic pain killers while in the hospital or for a period of time after surgery? After I had hip replacement, they wanted me to use some narcotic pain killer or other to help with pain, but I avoided using the stuff since I didn't want to chance any kind of addiction, and I didn't want the side effects. But why would that be any different than marijuana? Presumably someone on pain killers would have judgement similarly impaired to marijuana or more so, wouldn't they? And while we're at it, wouldn't those who down several alcoholic drinks before, during, or after dinner be more or less in the same boat, impairment wise? I know one is prohibited from owning a gun if one is a habitual drunkard, but is one who occasionally smokes marijuana for medical reasons a habitual stoner? So why is marijuana different, or is that just possibly the first step to wider gun prohibitions in some authorities minds?
    Well the one is illegal and the other is not. Also I find it a bit insulting to insinuate that anyone that takes pain killers is automatically impaired. Im a disabled vet that has been prescribed pain killers for over 10 years now. I manage to support a family, pay my bills, drive, work and shoot regularly just fine. Should I lose my 2a rights for getting hurt in a war?

(Delaware County)

If authorities feel the need to remove firearms from people who use medical marijuana, why don't they also feel the need to remove firearms from people who take narcotic pain killers while in the hospital or for a period of time after surgery?
    Allow me to slightly rephrase this question:
    If authorities don't feel the need to remove firearms from people who take narcotic pain killers while in the hospital or for a period of time after surgery, why do they feel the need to remove firearms from people who use medical marijuana?
    This may seem like a purely grammatical change, but it's an entirely different mindset. Your version says "They ban action A, shouldn't they also ban actions B and C?" My version says "Actions B and C are legal, why isn't action A?"

Those with the first mindset are more likely than those with the second to 'fix' the problem by saying "You know what? You're right. Nobody who's ever taken a Percocet should be allowed to have a gun." If you don't think *that* is possible, you haven't been reading the news...

My 2¢

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    Well the one is illegal and the other is not. Also I find it a bit insulting to insinuate that anyone that takes pain killers is automatically impaired. Im a disabled vet that has been prescribed pain killers for over 10 years now. I manage to support a family, pay my bills, drive, work and shoot regularly just fine. Should I lose my 2a rights for getting hurt in a war?
    I meant just the opposite. I absolutely don't think people using pain killers for a medical condition should be banned from owning firearms. That would be ridiculous! Similarly, I also don't think people using medical marijuana to treat a medical condition should be banned from firearms either, just like people who use alcohol responsibly should not be banned. Sorry and apologize for the confusion! My point is this looks to me like government's way to further limit a segment of society from gun ownership, and if successful, is likely to be expanded to those other categories I mentioned.

(Berks County)

I meant just the opposite. I absolutely don't think people using pain killers for a medical condition should be banned from owning firearms. That would be ridiculous! Similarly, I also don't think people using medical marijuana to treat a medical condition should be banned from firearms either, just like people who use alcohol responsibly should not be banned. Sorry and apologize for the confusion! My point is this looks to me like government's way to further limit a segment of society from gun ownership, and if successful, is likely to be expanded to those other categories I mentioned.
    Thanks for the clarification and my apologies if I misunderstood. Your in phoenixville eh, what ranges/clubs do you go to in the area?

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Forgive my phraseology, madam, but you seem to have a bit of a hard-on for this RoS-is-registration thing.

/s
    So you are fine with it? It's illegal.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast