Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Your choice in PA: 2A or medical marijuana

I'd like to thank everyone on this board for their comments and guidance. Here's the story. It quotes Cephus and GMAN106. Please let me know if I've misconstrued anything. And thanks again. Sam http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-20171228.html

(Allegheny County)

So...if you have to undergo a criminal background check to get a prescription for marijuana filled, why don't you have to go through a criminal background check to get a prescription for any OTHER schedule 1 drug filled?? What possible rationalization for this can there be, that is also logical and reasonable?

FWIW: I have one of the conditions that are covered by the PA pot program - but I'd never consider using pot...eh, medical marijuana, so it's not like I'm itchy to defend the spot smokers here. But honestly, this seems like a fucked up requirement.

(Berks County)

I question two things in the article,

A registry, administered by the state police, identifies medical marijuana patients.
    Do state police have the right to access and keep a registry on people's medical prescriptions?

The state police spokesman strongly suggested that patients consider the consequences of holding onto their weapons.

“It’s unlawful to keep possession of firearms obtained prior to registering,” Tarkowski said. “The Pennsylvania State Police is not in the business of offering legal advice, but it might be a good idea to contact an attorney about how best to dispose of their firearms.”
    The second is more of a disagreement. I believe the state police spokesman is incorrect. There is no legal statue stating anyone must surrender there arms. This is why Honolulu was stopped and had to return the few firearms that people had surrendered

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post

Do state police have the right to access and keep a registry on people's medical prescriptions?

The second is more of a disagreement. I believe the state police spokesman is incorrect. There is no legal statue stating anyone must surrender there arms. This is why Honolulu was stopped and had to return the few firearms that people had surrendered
    I'm told PA is the only state that allows law enforcement to access its registry and they do it through JNET, but i haven't checked with all 29 jurisdictions. At least one attorney has said the PSP has no right to enforce the federal law, and that will require some sussing out, too.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by samwood View Post
    At least one attorney has said the PSP has no right to enforce the federal law...
    The people running sanctuary cities say the same thing. Federal law, Federal problem.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    The people running sanctuary cities say the same thing. Federal law, Federal problem.
    Sounds good to me.
    Now wheres my full auto M16?
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post

How is the PA law allowing medical weed written?

The easy answer to all this is if you don’t want the PSP snooping in your shit, don’t take medical pot and therefore don’t get on that list of users?

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    How is the PA law allowing medical weed written?

The easy answer to all this is if you don’t want the PSP snooping in your shit, don’t take medical pot and therefore don’t get on that list of users?
    Capitulation?
    Thats like telling gun owners in NJ, MD and CA "if you dont want the state violating your 2nd Amendment, then dont own any guns"
    Medical MJ does have its uses and in many cases is a better alternative to pharmaceuticals for many ailments.
    I could write a book on the insane things that go on in Pharmaceutical manufacturing.

I personally have made various SSRI's that corrodes stainless steel where I used to work. Imagine what that does to peoples GI tract. But society seems to think thats acceptable.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I personally have made various SSRI's that corrodes stainless steel where I used to work. Imagine what that does to peoples GI tract. But society seems to think thats acceptable.
    Well...gee...let me think here...stainless steel and biological cells.....two completely different substances.....wouldn't be a bit surprised if there are different effects.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Well...gee...let me think here...stainless steel and biological cells.....two completely different substances.....wouldn't be a bit surprised if there are different effects.
    My point was a lot of pharmaceuticals are extremely toxic even at therapeutic doses, yet legal.
    MJ, while not perfect is leaps and bounds safer than many things your doctor will Rx you.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast