Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Your choice in PA: 2A or medical marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    I always find it tragically ironic how little the government thinks of legal opiods compared to how much a warpath it goes on against a damn plant.
    One was pushed by big pharma with billions to spent on lobbyists, politicians, and doctors. There isnt much for big pharma in the pot industry. The thc in pot is in higher levels than ever, thc is habit forming and also you grow a tolerance. THC is the psychoactive drug in pot. Ive recently read some new studies on the detrimental affect it has on the not fully developed brain. (under age 26 or so)

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Are you done buying guns from an FFL? If the PA State police were ordered tomorrow to round up the guns they know where about 80% of them are from the Record of Sale Registration list. If you bought a firearm in PA in the last 20 years or even more you are in the registration database. They never get rid of that data. Why would they? They're free to register guns according to the weasels on the PA Supreme court.
    Forgive my phraseology, madam, but you seem to have a bit of a hard-on for this RoS-is-registration thing.

/s
    So you are fine with it? It's illegal.
    1. Observe that the lady to whom I was speaking has extremely strong opinions on the database.
    2. Observe, also, that she makes her displeasure regarding the database very clearly known at (almost?) every opportunity.
    3. Take note that she and I have both been fairly active around here for quite some time, and have participated in discussions in the past.
    4. Highlight my ENTIRE quote with your mouse, so you can see the ending tag. I was, perhaps, too subtle...
    5. Realize I was NOT disagreeing with her.*
    6. Chill.

* To clarify: IMO it's not only illegal - it's pointless, useless, wasteful, overbearing, and a whole lot of other adjectives I'm not yet awake enough to properly employ...

(Chester County)

1. Observe that the lady to whom I was speaking has extremely strong opinions on the database.
    2. Observe, also, that she makes her displeasure regarding the database very clearly known at (almost?) every opportunity.
    3. Take note that she and I have both been fairly active around here for quite some time, and have participated in discussions in the past.
    4. Highlight my ENTIRE quote with your mouse, so you can see the ending tag. I was, perhaps, too subtle...
    5. Realize I was NOT disagreeing with her.*
    6. Chill.

Plus we were neighbors at one time, well, almost neighbors.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Plus we were neighbors at one time, well, almost neighbors.
    Well, yeah, but 6 points was enough...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Don't "need" MM, nor opt-in as a lifestyle choice. Further, I'm against government promotion of the narcotization of its citizenry. A doped-up, dumbed-down electorate is certainly no bulwark against tyranny. As for stoners and firearms, I vote no, but they probably present less a public threat than the alcohol-fueled maniacs who wreak havoc among us already.
    Gman and Cephas mentioned on Philly.com

Patients must choose: Medical marijuana or gun ownership http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-20171228.html

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    One was pushed by big pharma with billions to spent on lobbyists, politicians, and doctors. There isnt much for big pharma in the pot industry. The thc in pot is in higher levels than ever, thc is habit forming and also you grow a tolerance. THC is the psychoactive drug in pot. Ive recently read some new studies on the detrimental affect it has on the not fully developed brain. (under age 26 or so)
    Where is there proof that MJ is habit forming? I smoked it a few times years ago and never developed a habit. I've been smoking cigarettes for 12 years now, those are habit forming.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    Where is there proof that MJ is habit forming? I smoked it a few times years ago and never developed a habit. I've been smoking cigarettes for 12 years now, those are habit forming.
    Do some research, THC is psychoactive drug and also you build a tolerance. Then research how you get the high and dopamine. I've never become addicted and I too injested many things in the 60's that kill people that doesn't prove they aren' t habit forming.

https://www.livescience.com/58269-ma...-time-use.html
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319764.php

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    There's a difference between psychological addiction and physical addiction.
    Some substances are both, some are just one or the other.

MJ can be psychological addicting, but so can food, video games, gambling, smart phones and even sex.
    Drugs like Alcohol, caffeine, opiates and even cigarettes are both psychological and physically addicting.
    Theres also something called dependency.
    People who have been Rx'ed opiates for chronic pain for a long time can be dependent but not psychologically addicted to them. However, if they are taken off their medication they will become extremely physically ill.

Even non controlled drugs like many anti-depressants show people who take them are dependent on them.
    Last edited by Ricochet; December 29th, 2017 at 06:15 AM.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Do some research, THC is psychoactive drug and also you build a tolerance. Then research how you get the high and dopamine. I've never become addicted and I too injested many things in the 60's that kill people that doesn't prove they aren' t habit forming.

https://www.livescience.com/58269-ma...-time-use.html
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319764.php
    I smoked for about 15 years, two to three packs a day.
    A couple months before my first daughter was born I woke up and threw my pack of Marlboros in the trash.
    Never had another smoke since.
    That’s been 14 years now.

IMO habits are more psychological that physical.

I’ve known potheads who were addicted to their dope.
    The last half hour of work was murder to them, as soon as they hit their cars in the parking lot they were smoking a roach to tide them over until they got home.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast