Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Your choice in PA: 2A or medical marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I truly believe they are hoping that people are dumb enough that they would be willing to trade a fundamental right for a few hours of being high a day, and I'm sure there are a number of stoners who would happily do so.

In some cases people use pot before bed just to get a good night's sleep rather then dangerous sleeping pills, anti anxiety, and pain killers. Now those people looking for a better nights sleep cannot be trusted by the state even though they chose a much safer non habitat forming natural way to medicate during their sleep.

Regardless if pot is legal for medicinal or recreational use there will always be a black market for it because of government schemes.
    The best part is the psychoactive part is removed for the medical stuff, it's not the same as the recreational stuff they pass later on. It's a lefty battle plan against the constitution. It catches more lefties than anyone else. Just like the current sex abuse war going on.

(Delaware County)

Don't "need" MM, nor opt-in as a lifestyle choice. Further, I'm against government promotion of the narcotization of its citizenry. A doped-up, dumbed-down electorate is certainly no bulwark against tyranny. As for stoners and firearms, I vote no, but they probably present less a public threat than the alcohol-fueled maniacs who wreak havoc among us already.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Don't "need" MM, nor opt-in as a lifestyle choice. Further, I'm against government promotion of the narcotization of its citizenry. A doped-up, dumbed-down electorate is certainly no bulwark against tyranny. As for stoners and firearms, I vote no, but they probably present less a public threat than the alcohol-fueled maniacs who wreak havoc among us already.
    This is how they bring down empires for 4000years.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    Don't forget, Hawaii has a gun registry, so they know all the legal gun owners names and addresses.
    So does PA it's called Record of Sale.

I wouldn't use pot as a medicine even if 10 doctors said it is OK. It's a phony medicine, a placebo, it'd be better to smoke tobacco, it's not a medicine either but at least you don't lose 2nd amendment rights because you smoke it.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Seems unlikely the State Police will take the same tactic as Hawaii and actively go after firearm owners. First off, they lack the information. Where people will be stopped is purchasing a weapon at an FFL and self-identifying as a marijuana user on Form 4473. Current owners have little to be concerned about in PA unless they commit crimes that warrant a pile-on of charges.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Golf View Post
    Seems unlikely the State Police will take the same tactic as Hawaii and actively go after firearm owners. First off, they lack the information. Where people will be stopped is purchasing a weapon at an FFL and self-identifying as a marijuana user on Form 4473. Current owners have little to be concerned about in PA unless they commit crimes that warrant a pile-on of charges.
    Are you done buying guns from an FFL? If the PA State police were ordered tomorrow to round up the guns they know where about 80% of them are from the Record of Sale Registration list. If you bought a firearm in PA in the last 20 years or even more you are in the registration database. They never get rid of that data. Why would they? They're free to register guns according to the weasels on the PA Supreme court.
    Last edited by JenniferG; December 1st, 2017 at 07:40 AM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Are you done buying guns from an FFL? If the PA State police were ordered tomorrow to round up the guns they know where about 80% of them are from the Record of Sale Registration list. If you bought a firearm in PA in the last 20 years or even more you are in the registration database. They never get rid of that data. Why would they? They're free to register guns according to the weasels on the PA Supreme court.
    Forgive my phraseology, madam, but you seem to have a bit of a hard-on for this RoS-is-registration thing.

/s

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Forgive my phraseology, madam, but you seem to have a bit of a hard-on for this RoS-is-registration thing.

/s
    Probably because THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Forgive my phraseology, madam, but you seem to have a bit of a hard-on for this RoS-is-registration thing.s
    And potheads too.

(Westmoreland County)

No I wouldn't give up my 2A rights that being said I don't smoke weed but I have no problems with those who choose to and feel and believe that just like drinking a beer or having a few cocktails there's nothing "bad " or evil about it if done in moderation like most all things in life . What I can't wrap my mind around about this topic of 2A rights forfeiture if you need it medically is other states like Colorado that has legal recreational use of weed there is no attempt to take away gun ownership ? Maybe backwards Pa should just forgo the medical use and just legalize rec use !

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast