Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Your choice in PA: 2A or medical marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    JenniferG, do you not know anyone who experiences chronic pain that could benefit from medical marijuana? And do you believe there are some valuable members of society who use marijuana illicitly?

For the record, I agree there is some sector of society participating in a ruse here.
    I'm not Jennifer, but...

I know several people who could probably benefit, as there are times when even a double dose of (legal, prescribed) Percocet won't cut it.

All are valuable members of society, and serve(d) in important roles in that society.

All are (or probably should/could be) on disability, though they don't want to be.

All but 1 are gun owners.

None of them use MJ.

(Allegheny County)

JenniferG, do you not know anyone who experiences chronic pain that could benefit from medical marijuana?
    I'm not Jennifer either...but I have a few questions:

1). Is there any actual difference between "medical marijuana" and "non-medical marijuana"? If so, what is it?

2). Does it really matter if someone ELSE thinks a person can benefit? If THAT person feels they can benefit from "medical marijuana" then what difference does it make what anyone else thinks?

3). If someone thinks they can benefit from "non-medical" marijuana, why shouldn't they have the same right as some who thinks they can benefit from "medical marijuana" ?

(York County)

Lets open Pandora's Box and be a little mercenary as to Google: "How much Tax has Colorado made off weed". Money talks especially when politico"s
    find out how much money is really or potentially out there if they ever really legalize All of Marijuana products and not just in PA.
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(Bucks County)

A constitutional right cannot be taken away. When laws are passed that interfere with a constitutional right, the law is unconstitutional.

The 2nd amendment has been usurped for so long in so many ways, we speak of a choice of giving up that right in order to use marijuana or vice-versa.

Would you so cavalierly consider losing your 5th amendment right under special circumstances..... laws regulating and limiting your 5th amendment right.....in any scenario. I think not. If I am correct, how can loss of the 2nd even be possible?

(Philadelphia County)

"Are you a gun enthusiast who plans to participate in the state’s medical marijuana program?

If you’re planning on buying a new firearm, attorneys suggest you make that purchase before you take the first dose of your legally obtained medicine.

“If you want to register as a patient, get your gun first and then register as a patient,” said Pittsburgh attorney Patrick Nightingale.

That’s because every gun buyer has to answer questions on a federal firearms transaction form. And the federal government doesn’t recognize marijuana as medicine. The pertinent question asks buyers to check a “yes” or “no” box to the following:

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

Lying on the form could expose a buyer to federal charges.

But if a patient hasn’t begun to consume the medicine, they can answer the question honestly, said Philadelphia attorney Andrew Sacks, who is a cochairman for the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Medical Marijuana and Hemp Law Committee."

More here:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-20180118.html

(Berks County)

I like how they keep blaming the problem on federal law. Meanwhile the state is saying to ignore federal law, its legal here At the same time the state is the one accessing these medical databases and crosschecking them with state gun owners. Meanwhile the city of Philadelphia is suing the pharmaceutical companies for creating legal pain killers and blaming the drug epidemic on them

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    A constitutional right cannot be taken away.
    What fantasy world are YOU living in?

(Crawford County)

Maybe I’m obtuse. But he question on the 4473 relates to ....unlawful user or addicted to.....so why does simply being a permittee make you a prima Facia user or addict? Don’t they have to prove you actually are using? And if they don’t, let’s say I got the card...how do I rescind it? And if I do, how does the record get set straight so I can go buy a gun? And what common sense does it make for a person who owns 18 firearms and then obtains a License...now one more gun is going to make him dangerous to society. What about all the other ones he has? Does he have to turn them in like a domestic violence situation?

(Delaware County)

Maybe I’m obtuse. But he question on the 4473 relates to ....unlawful user or addicted to.....so why does simply being a permittee make you a prima Facia user or addict? Don’t they have to prove you actually are using? And if they don’t, let’s say I got the card...how do I rescind it? And if I do, how does the record get set straight so I can go buy a gun? And what common sense does it make for a person who owns 18 firearms and then obtains a License...now one more gun is going to make him dangerous to society. What about all the other ones he has? Does he have to turn them in like a domestic violence situation?
    If we could change the entire criminal code to "don't be an @$$hole" and/or "do no harm" life would be so much easier, no?

(Susquehanna County)

I am not anti Marijuana.. I don't partake in enjoying it for 2 simple reasons:
    1. It is illegal per my employer and I like my job
    2. It is illegal per the Federal Government and the questions on the 4473 are asked by the Federal Government so answers would pertain to their views/laws on things and I like my guns.

OP answer your question "...a person who owns 18 firearms and then obtains a License...now one more gun is going to make him dangerous..." Me, myself and I, do not believe it makes that person a danger, actually I think contrary that the medicated MJ user will be melllllloooooooowwwwwwwwww.. unlike a "Legal" opioid addict who ran out of their prescribed drugs and will do anything for money to get illegal drugs..

However.. I would not be at all surprised if a medical MJ user fails a new 4473 and shortly thereafter gets a visit from ATF to remove all firearms the ATF or State Police have a record of purchase of.

IMHO and IANAL

Such is the law.. if one disagrees with the law they need to work on changing it.. however the US AG is talking about going after states that have legalized MJ.. so chances of making MJ legal at the Federal level.. not so much
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast