Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Monroeville gun show February 2nd & 3rd Allegheny county

Last edited by mpyingling22; January 30th, 2019 at 02:18 PM. Reason: date

(York County)

Default Re: Monroeville gun show December 2nd & 3rd Allegheny county

Why do I have this feeling of foreboding?
    We are Americans first, never forget this.

(Butler County)

new dates february 3rd & 4th

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by gizzymo View Post
    Why do I have this feeling of foreboding?
    I don't know why you would. Even with all it's shortcomings, this is the best gun show in the Pittsburgh area.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Monroeville gun show February 3rd & 4th Allegheny county

I'd say both Wash Co Fairgrounds and the Pa Gun Collectors in Butler are both there best shows in Pittsburgh area...
    ..unless that you like lots of fudge, pork bellies and lady craft items

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by kingofcoins View Post
    I'd say both Wash Co Fairgrounds and the Pa Gun Collectors in Butler are both there best shows in Pittsburgh area...
    ..unless that you like lots of fudge, pork bellies and lady craft items
    I agree the Washington show is the best show in the area, even if I have to drive 45 minutes one way. The PA Gun Collectors "was" the best back in the 80's and 90's. It's barley the third best show now. I live 5 minutes from Monroeville. At least the Monroeville venue is clean, bright, lots of room between isles, and well ventilated. The last few times I was at a PA Gun Collectors show I could barely take the smell of unwashed gun nuts. I stopped going when they moved for the 4th time to Butler.
    Toujours prêt

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I agree the Washington show is the best show in the area, even if I have to drive 45 minutes one way. The PA Gun Collectors "was" the best back in the 80's and 90's. It's barley the third best show now. I live 5 minutes from Monroeville. At least the Monroeville venue is clean, bright, lots of room between isles, and well ventilated. The last few times I was at a PA Gun Collectors show I could barely take the smell of unwashed gun nuts. I stopped going when they moved for the 4th time to Butler.
    As far as the "best" show in the Pgh. area, positive and negative points considered, I'd call it a tie between Monroeville and Washington. I personally give the nod to Monroeville as I do more business there and there seem to be less non-spending tire kickers. Though Monroeville has it's own few issues as well; It's still WAY above the PGCA show as it has devolved to in it's current deplorable condition. A badly located venue facility with poor lighting, little or no heat, no air conditioning, sub-par sanitary accommodations, unsafe flooring (Several people have tripped and fallen on the loose and broken floor tiling) and as of the last few shows, no in-house food vendors. There are more negative issues I could opine on but that's enough for now. It is not surprising the show is shrinking with both vendors and visitors abandoning what used to be a gun show powerhouse. While many, such as myself, don't really want to abandon the PGCA and it's shows, they have come to the realization that the shows just aren't worth as much as an investment in time nor cost. I used to be one of the PGCAs most ardent supporters and defenders. Alas I just can't do so any longer; at least until their BOD get their self-serving heads operating for the good of the club instead of themselves. Let us hope they will and that a once great organization may resume it's status as a first class gun show promoter.
    Last edited by ScotsGuards; January 25th, 2018 at 09:14 PM.

(Butler County)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    As far as the "best" show in the Pgh. area, positive and negative points considered, I'd call it a tie between Monroeville and Washington. I personally give the nod to Monroeville as I do more business there and there seem to be less non-spending tire kickers. Though Monroeville has it's own few issues as well; It's still WAY above the PGCA show as it has devolved to in it's current deplorable condition. A badly located venue facility with poor lighting, little or no heat, no air conditioning, sub-par sanitary accommodations, unsafe flooring (Several people have tripped and fallen on the loose and broken floor tiling) and as of the last few shows, no in-house food vendors. There are more negative issues I could opine on but that's enough for now. It is not surprising the show is shrinking with both vendors and visitors abandoning what used to be a gun show powerhouse. While many, such as myself, don't really want to abandon the PGCA and it's shows, they have come to the realization that the shows just aren't worth as much as an investment in time nor cost. I used to be one of the PGCAs most ardent supporters and defenders. Alas I just can't do so any longer; at least until their BOD get their self-serving heads operating for the good of the club instead of themselves. Let us hope they will and that a once great organization may resume it's status as a first class gun show promoter.

Good to hear.
    Well, I feel bad for the vendors and for the buying public, but I haven't gone to a PGCA show for many years now after learning of the president's involvement in gun buy backs and then further evidence of his being a dickhead in reading about his misrepresenting a "collectable" firearm sold to a member here.
    I said I'd never attend another PGCA show while he was getting my money and between that show and Dick's Sporting Goods, I've held true to my word.

The Monroeville show is OK. If fudge and jerky trigger you so badly, maybe it's not the right place for you, but I have no issue walking by those vendors as though they don't exist.

Washington - I've only been there once. I was very impressed by the sheer size, but found very little AR15/parts suppliers.
    I'll give it another shot one day, but I was surprised by the lack of "modern" firearm dealers.

Best place for a gun show, Monroeville has the most zombies

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast