Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Kittaning Twp VFD Gun show February 9th & 10th - Armstrong county

Gun Show this Saturday and Sunday!
    Admission is $5
    Saturday Feb 9th 8am-4pm
    Sunday Feb 10th 8am-3pm
    You don't want to miss this, the fire hall will be full of vendors!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Kittaning Twp VFD Gun show February 9th & 10th - Armstrong county

Surprised this had not been posted yet.

How many tables?

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Surprised this had not been posted yet.

How many tables?
    Never been there. But as I understand it , it's a bit under 100 tables.

Ah screw it ............... I think I'm going hit this one.
    Parking decent for a car ............. or will I need the truck?

(Beaver County)

Anybody know if this is worth going to?
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by V-MAN View Post
    Anybody know if this is worth going to?
    Also would like to know from people who have been there. Nothing worse than drive a couple hours to a gun show to find out its really a yard sale. To many have crafts and flea market junk.

(Elk County)

Kittanning Twp VFD typically has a mostly firearm vendors consisting of a few FFLs but the majority are "private sale" long gun vendors. There will be a couple-few vendors with tables full of used accessories such as gun parts, magazines, sights, scope rings and bases, pocket and sheath knives, cleaning supplies, odd boxes of ammo, ziploc bags of Lord knows have many times fired brass, etc. There may be one or two vendors with just knives. There will be one or two tables selling some kind of raffle tickets. There used to be a guy that sold wooden shooting benches, but I haven't seen him recently.

It's the sort of typical small "firehall" type of show that you never know what you'll find, but it's also a modern gun show in that everything is usually aggressively priced. The pricing comment applies to any gun show these days. Not saying you can't find a deal, but you have to look for it.

Other shows that KTVFD is similar to are Ellwood City, Ridgway, Venango County Fairgrounds, Hidden Valley Sportsmens, Strattanville, and Roulette, but its smaller than Roulette. I exclude Rocky Grove because RG is getting fewer actual guns, more gun-related flea market stuff, and more non-gun crap in general. I also exclude Reynoldsville because it is mostly full of dealers from Hazen.

I've never seen jewelry, hand knitted or crocheted goods, wooden crafts, alpaca wool socks, etc., at KTVFD but there's a first time for everything.
    Last edited by BRS; February 7th, 2019 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRS View Post
    Kittanning Twp VFD typically has a mostly firearm vendors consisting of a few FFLs but the majority are "private sale" long gun vendors. There will be a couple-few vendors with tables full of used accessories such as gun parts, magazines, sights, scope rings and bases, pocket and sheath knives, cleaning supplies, odd boxes of ammo, ziploc bags of Lord knows have many times fired brass, etc. There may be one or two vendors with just knives. There will be one or two tables selling some kind of raffle tickets. There used to be a guy that sold wooden shooting benches, but I haven't seen him recently.

It's the sort of typical small "firehall" type of show that you never know what you'll find, but it's also a modern gun show in that everything is usually aggressively priced. The pricing comment applies to any gun show these days. Not saying you can't find a deal, but you have to look for it.

Other shows that KTVFD is similar to are Ellwood City, Ridgway, Venango County Fairgrounds, Hidden Valley Sportsmens, Strattanville, and Roulette, but its smaller than Roulette. I exclude Rocky Grove because RG is getting fewer actual guns, more gun-related flea market stuff, and more non-gun crap in general. I also exclude Reynoldsville because it is mostly full of dealers from Hazen.

I've never seen jewelry, hand knitted or crocheted goods, wooden crafts, alpaca wool socks, etc., at KTVFD but there's a first time for everything.
    That sounds better than I was expecting to be honest. I was at Rocky Grove recently "last fall???" First time there , picked up some crap I wanted but too far to go again all things considered. I only went that time because I was nearby working with a VFW and thought I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

(Beaver County)

Thanks for the info, I think I'll take a ride over tomorrow morning.
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything

(Elk County)

Pretty much describes it.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast