Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Default Re: Vehicle Stop and detention by LEO due to inability to verify serial number

If he did get locked up for the holiday , I would imagine he would have a good lawsuit , no?

pspconfis.jpg

Copy and laminate. Keep in vehicle.

Sticky?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Default Re: Vehicle Stop and detention by LEO due to inability to verify serial number

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    OP--your friend needs to contact an attorney and if he's disinclined to do that, he at least needs to contact the barracks or DHQ and file a complaint. I don't say that lightly as those are my brothers and sisters but threatening someone with a long jail stay for lawfully possessing a firearm is way out of bounds. The Trooper needs to know how wrong she was.
    Furthermore it was PSP who said that the data base could only be used to check for stolen firearms. That said the trooper violated there own rules. If the firearm was not stolen she should have returned it and sent him on his way. Wow this almost sounds like philly pd violating there own policy's.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    There's a HUGE difference between a demand and a request.

Probably the best response to "Can I see you firearm?" would be "Am I required to show it to you without a warrant?" after that, as mentioned before, it's an endless argument.

and people get shot by police officers by not furnishing their firearms in Berks county?! lol. remind me never to go to Berks county.... the water aint right there apparently. usually it's the other way around.
    Hey, easy on Berks. Was there an instance where police shot someone at a traffic stop because a firearm was not surrendered? I kind of live in a cave, but I don't know how I would have missed that.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    I guess it would save grief if everyone took a pic of the receipt and ROS form from every handgun purchase and keep it on their phone.
    They can search your phone when you hand it to them. I see no good of this. Print a copy if you must.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    They can search your phone when you hand it to them. I see no good of this. Print a copy if you must.
    Yeah, don't hand them evidence. They'll just use it to screw you!

There's a reason I tell people to watch "Don't talk to the police" as often as they can!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Don't hand it to them.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

Here's how to deny a cop from getting your serial number. Tell your friend to watch this, then tell him to STOP INFORMING WHEN ARMED.

https://youtu.be/nOvxkznvVsU
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by crffl View Post

This I agree with BUT I have yet to see any consensus on the best way to respond when asked if any weapons/firearms in the vehicle. Or have I missed that?

Does this question even get asked much? I ask because I get pulled over, a lot, and sometimes for doing 94 in a 45. Even then I was never asked this question.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by crffl View Post

This I agree with BUT I have yet to see any consensus on the best way to respond when asked if any weapons/firearms in the vehicle. Or have I missed that?

Officer, what was the reason that you stopped me?
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Does this question even get asked much? I ask because I get pulled over, a lot, and sometimes for doing 94 in a 45. Even then I was never asked this question.

I think it does, but depends largely on the discretion, and intuition, of the officer doing the stop.
    Junior

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast