Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: Vehicle Stop and detention by LEO due to inability to verify serial number

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    Not tied to vehicle registration.
    What about drivers license?
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Vehicle Stop and detention by LEO due to inability to verify serial number

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    What about drivers license?
    If I run you just for a DL, no LTCF info shows up. It is a separate data base. Some departments are set up that your info is run through a few databases automatically. Such as BMV, NCIC, PCIC, etc. But as far as I know, in PA, your DL is not linked to your LTCF.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    If I run you just for a DL, no LTCF info shows up. It is a separate data base. Some departments are set up that your info is run through a few databases automatically. Such as BMV, NCIC, PCIC, etc. But as far as I know, in PA, your DL is not linked to your LTCF.
    Thanks.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Montgomery County)

We've already learned that this is in fact happening in several pa counties. There are plenty of threads confirming it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    We've already learned that this is in fact happening in several pa counties. There are plenty of threads confirming it.
    I can confirm for myself it has already happened in PA as well as knowing others that have had it occur in NJ.

Deja vu we've had this argument long time ago

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Same, can confirm both Lancaster and chester.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Monroe County)

Anyone driving a vehicle with no pro gun or other attention getting stickers on your vehicle it or no obvious LTC near your DL when you get pulled over when the officer asks you are you carrying your firearm today SIR/Ma'am will know if they are aware of your LTCF. a few friends of mine who are LEO's tell me that most questioning is just fishing for other violations. Many folks can't close their mouths and volunteer all sorts of things. If you meet other criteria for a closer look then you get the full service show. Being a dick never works out well, In the very few instances I have been pulled over I am respectful and brief, there is a fine line between bending over on your rights and going out of your way antagonizing a LEO. I once had a LEO in MD give me some major attitude and I kept on responding yes officer, no officer while he spun up into full anger mode. He eventually gave up and gave me my ticket and I moved on. I had not put my recent insurance card in my holder yet, MY FAULT.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819