Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Mifflin County)

Default Re: Vehicle Stop and detention by LEO due to inability to verify serial number

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    Exactly... another case of a citizen talking to an LEO with the mentality, "I didn't do anything wrong, so what's the harm"

How the traffic stop should have happened:

LEO: "License and registration"

Driver: hands over

LEO: "Here's your ticket, can I search your vehicle."

Driver: "No"

LEO: "I'll get a warrant."

Driver: "Good luck with that."

end of story.
    Actually, if the driver would have just kept his mouth shut, it would have been more like this:

LEO: "License and registration"

Driver: hands over

LEO: "Here's your ticket, have a nice day."

Driver: *drives away*

(Washington County)

Default Re: Vehicle Stop and detention by LEO due to inability to verify serial number

^ exactly.

Even if he did want to search, yea good luck. Under what reasons? Because you are a power hungry douche of a cop?

(Centre County)

I am not a lawyer so I don't know/understand all the little details but: The PSP gun registration/sales database was sued and lost because the sales database is incomplete, therefore, not a registry. Cannot the continued use of this "sales database" as a registry and cannot the use of the term 'registry/registered' be grounds for a second attempt?
    Let's go Brandon!!!

(Bucks County)

As has been pointed out, this is a great example of why one should stfu on a traffic stop.
    Subject has been beaten to death, you can not change an idiot's mind once it's been made up to discard simple, common sense advice.

The subject in the op got off lightly, and earned every bit of inconvenience.
    The devil takes the hindmost...
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Franklin County)

Any idea exactly which LE agency was involved?

(Berks County)

Damned if you do and damned if you dont... I kinda agree with those saying there is no need to inform, so dont. With that said though, I had an incident within the last year where I was pulled over and did hand over my LTCF w my drivers license. I didnt have any problems and the officer and I talked guns for a lil bit. During this though he mentioned that they can now see who has an LTCF or not and if I didnt inform him, it all wouldve went much differently

(Armstrong County)

I don't see how the officer violated any rights or laws.

The driver was/is just dumb.

The officer asked to see the permit and firearm. The driver agreed. The officer asked to search the vehicle. The driver agreed. Going off what I'm reading, I 100% support the officer. She fished for something wrong and potentially found something, and acted upon it. Granted it turned out to be nothing, but I think that point is moot.

The driver had every right to say no, but didn't. That's just ignorance on the driver.

If I go up to a random on the street and ask for $100, and they give me $100 with no questions asked.... well I didn't really rob them.... they are just dumb.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    As has been pointed out, this is a great example of why one should stfu on a traffic stop.

This I agree with BUT I have yet to see any consensus on the best way to respond when asked if any weapons/firearms in the vehicle. Or have I missed that?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- The Papers of Ben Franklin

(Berks County)

The officer shouldnt have asked for the gun or $100, nor should they even have the ability to look up who owns what. Whats he gonna do sit there and argue w the cop about handing over the gun. Disobeying his request/demand is a good way to get shot.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by crffl View Post

This I agree with BUT I have yet to see any consensus on the best way to respond when asked if any weapons/firearms in the vehicle. Or have I missed that?

I doubt that you would ever get a consensus, that one would be argued 'til the cows come home.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast