Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Vehicle Stop and detention by LEO due to inability to verify serial number

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    Biggest "tell" is cops defaulting to BS excuse any time they want as to there reasoning to search cars or harass drivers without any repercussions when they are wrong
    I'm outa rep can somebody hit him up.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Vehicle Stop and detention by LEO due to inability to verify serial number

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Yup, heard a lot of caterwauling from bad guys about how it wasn't fair that they got caught.
    If you have to violate the constitution, to enforce unconstitutional laws, then, it's a legitimate gripe.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I have only smelled weed a handful of times, and only seen it twice (from several yards). Never touched the stuff.

(Only heavy drugs I've *ever* had were morphine once and Demerol a couple times, all in hospital settings.)

I don't drink.

Any cop claiming he smelled something out my window that gave Probable Cause would be lying through his teeth.

YMMV
    And this would be my point in that I also dont drink or smoke weed and yet have been searched in the past. As well as my cop friends freely admitting they use this as there default excuse whenever they want. Specially NJ cops who know they have a PA driver pulled over and that the PA resident has a permit to carry in there home state.

An NRA sticker or other gun-related advertising on a vehicle is probable cause in NJ (NY, CT, MA, MD, DE, CA, etc)
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    An NRA sticker or other gun-related advertising on a vehicle is probable cause in NJ (NY, CT, MA, MD, DE, CA, etc)
    Not even needed anymore since they can read your license plate and see if you have an LTCF

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    My car still has old man smell from the previous owner.
    Maybe you should take his corpse out of the trunk.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machavelli

(Washington County)

How far back does the record of sales on Handguns go in Pa? Year. I dont know when it started.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    Not even needed anymore since they can read your license plate and see if you have an LTCF
    I thought that our drivers license was tied to our LTCF, not our tags. Where is that link made? We put our DL number on the application.

Can a LEO confirm please?

(Bucks County)

[QUOTE=Sgt.K;3683480]I have only smelled weed a handful of times, and only seen it twice (from several yards). Never touched the stuff.

(Only heavy drugs I've *ever* had were morphine once and Demerol a couple times, all in hospital settings.)

I don't drink.
    Any cop claiming he smelled something out my window that gave Probable Cause would be lying through his teeth.

Along those lines is why I have explained to my children on many occasions, do NOT let the officer into your car, evah, If he's ASKING.
    If he has already developed PC to search, he won't ask he will just pull you out and start searching. If he's ASKING, he's still racking up PC points.

Like I explain to the kids, how do you know one of dope-smoking A-hole friends didn't leave a bag or a big 'ol fattie tucked into the back seat when you drove them home last night? You didn't even know it was there but officer friendly finds it. You say what every other mope says when the copper holds it up- "how did that get there- it isn't mine".

In the meantime, your eyes look like two piss holes in the snow 'cause your allergies are acting up. Your eyeballs are bouncing around 'cause of the cold meds, Etc. Etc, Etc.
    And even though it's kinda rare, there's always the chance you just ran into a real stain of a flatfoot who planted something in your car.

There is a certain personality type that will do just about anything to please his superiors, including planting something for a chicken shit pinch.
    Sometimes they even go for the really big nut- like the fbi hrt guy that splashed Weaver's wife. Giving consent or informing is mostly a very bad idea.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by TotinMama View Post
    I thought that our drivers license was tied to our LTCF, not our tags. Where is that link made? We put our DL number on the application.

Can a LEO confirm please?
    Not tied to vehicle registration.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast