Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry Reciprocity This Week! Call Now!

My God, Pennsyltuckian deplorables will be able to carry in New Jerseystan. What will our subjects think?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    My God, Pennsyltuckian deplorables will be able to carry in New Jerseystan. What will our subjects think?
    Still a long way to go. Looks like it will get voted on in a full house vote sometime soon. The Senate, not so sure if it will ever come up for a vote. The House has passed over 300 bills this year. The Senate hasn't done shit.
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

(Wyoming County)

I submitted my support as requested by the GOA.

Now on a personal Debbie Downer- Negative Nancy note- Despite what I see/hear from the Gun Tubers, GOA/NRA, I have my reservations about this bill.

In my humble opinion there is no way it gets past a 60 vote Senate without them butchering it to our detriment à la FOPA/Hughes Amendment. I don't have personal experience/knowledge but I've heard that there are States that still ignore/abuse FOPA- (at least on the road side) NY comes to mind, and we lost the Machine gun. Not sure when the last positive Federal Gun Legislation was, if there ever was any.

It will really piss me off if there comes a mandate for standardized issuance with testing or certification in order to ensure fairness across the land, because you know that if CA, NY, NJ etc are forced to issue they will make $500/yr fee plus 3 week classroom + livefire courses a requirement for licensing. Kind of like LEOSA but more pricey

I know the guntubers say that these sort of things aren't in there but I say they aren't in there yet. When they get into the redzone, some D-bag Dem will throw that amendment in there and the NRA will say "uhhhh OK we've worked too hard to piss it away now. We will compromise."

Hopefully I'm full of shit, but we will see.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

i also expect anti gun amendments to fill it to the point its neutered. but we can at least put up a fight.

worst case, if everyone enmasse starts ignoring borders, they can only arrest some of us...
    like weed, so many smoke it.not much theycan do BUT legalize it... eventually...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    so wouldn't carry in NJ still be illegal since you don't have a FOID card?
    I do from when I lived there---Southern NJ is not so bad----heck, I've talked guns with numerous police when i lived there and they were fine with it. Northern,NJ that's a completely different story.

The problem will be they'll change the laws to read:

#1--1 mile from any school zone, unless you're a LEO.
    #2--Only guns of 7 rounds or less, unless you're a LEO.
    #3--No carry in parks, malls, movies and restaurant, unless you're a LEO.

I think you get the point...
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I do from when I lived there---Southern NJ is not so bad----heck, I've talked guns with numerous police when i lived there and they were fine with it. Northern,NJ that's a completely different story.

The problem will be they'll change the laws to read:

#1--1 mile from any school zone, unless you're a LEO.
    #2--Only guns of 7 rounds or less, unless you're a LEO.
    #3--No carry in parks, malls, movies and restaurant, unless you're a LEO.

I think you get the point...
    At this point, if thats the way they go state wise, I would be ok with it. Forcing the state to issue even neutered permits to carry is a huge step towards non prison state. (speaking of NJ)

At the moment I think the now shall issue DC area is playing that game, they give permits but say you cannot carry anywhere. Tis a game of outsmarting the other side.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Quote Originally Posted by LMTguy View Post
    I watched 2.5 hours of the video so far. Some of the dems amendments were absurd. I thought Raskin's head was going to explode when he realized that it would be legal for law abiding citizens to carry guns in his state of Maryland. Also the detainment for just having a concealed weapon on you while they verify your permit? I mean common!
    I saw that part. RASKIN made it clear that anyone with a gun in his state of MD is a suspect for detainment. In the rest of America, possession of a gun is presumed legal unless there’s reason to think a crime has occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    I saw that part. RASKIN made it clear that anyone with a gun in his state of MD is a suspect for detainment. In the rest of America, possession of a gun is presumed legal unless there’s reason to think a crime has occurred.
    someone should leave a gun in raskin's car and report it... these people need to go through the process and experience the mindset of "shit if i miss this turn, what happens if im pulled over" "ah i have to go to the post office today, should i leave myself unprotected or leave my gun in the car for theft" and etc different eggshells we have to tiptoe around to avoid becoming felons.

every anti-gun congressman needs to go through every step of the process: purchase, permitting, etc. they should have to carry a gun, for at least a few weeks. having that type of responsibility might make them better humans, in the least.
    having to worry about how your oriented in the store to avoid a grab, worry about sweeping and etc. on and on.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

sorry for the double post but i'm rolling in tears.

watch for 33 seconds, the "persons" skit.
    from video clip start @ 3hr55m30s to 3hr56m3s or thereabouts.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Exclamation Re: Concealed Carry Reciprocity This Week! Call Now!

H.R. 38 House vote scheduled: Tuesday, 12/5, 2 PM. Call your Reps! They all need to hear from you, even the liberal Dems.

Let them know that you want this passed! Tell them know you'll be paying attention to how they vote, and that you're going to put their vote on your calendar for the next election, and do it. The same goes for Republicans too -- we should primary anybody who doesn't support the 2nd Amendment.

Capitol Switchboard: (202) 224-3121
    I am not a lawyer.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast