Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: How should we handle this...

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    How much have you paid off your idiot neighbors to not play hoops and the other things you've found annoying?
    Nothng. However, I DID seriously consider paying them $200/month for every month they were not out in the street being assholes. Seriously. But in the end, I decided they would rather be assholes and my offer would just let them know how successful they are. I would pay it if it would solve the problem, as it is way cheaper than my alternatives. So I am in the process of selling my house and moving away from them....rather than somehow trying to bend them to my will or implying that someone might burn down their house.

OP didn’t seem interested in hunting elsewhere.
    Last edited by free; November 28th, 2017 at 07:47 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Nothng. However, I DID seriously consider paying them $200/month for every month they were not out in the street being assholes. Seriously. But in the end, I decided they would rather be assholes and my offer would just let them know how successful they are. I would pay it if it would solve the problem, as it is way cheaper than my alternatives. So I am in the process of selling my house and moving away from them....rather than somehow trying to bend them to my will or implying that someone might burn down their house.

OP didn’t seem interested in hunting elsewhere.
    Here we have free telling us he won't even take his own advice. Stop trolling man and move on. Paying them does nothing but give them an extra 200 bucks and an incentive to attempt to extort me for more next year.

OP doesn't hunt himself, but has family members that do, and they've been tossing around the idea of hunting some nearby gamelands so hunting elsewhere is certainly an option. I came to the hunting section of PAFOA too see if anyone here had resolved an issue like this and to guage how the firearms community in PA feels about these actions.

At this point the general consensus seems to be that:
    1.) It's probably deliberate behavior based on the fact that they obviously hunt or attempt too
    2.) Asking them to stop politely is probably the best course of action
    3.) If after asking they don't stop or escalate I'll porbably just leave them alone if they're not bothering me or call the cops if they are
    4.) Free is a troll the best way to irritate him is to ignore him.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sayersj629 View Post
    Here we have free telling us he won't even take his own advice. Stop trolling man and move on. Paying them does nothing but give them an extra 200 bucks and an incentive to attempt to extort me for more next year.

OP doesn't hunt himself, but has family members that do, and they've been tossing around the idea of hunting some nearby gamelands so hunting elsewhere is certainly an option. I came to the hunting section of PAFOA too see if anyone here had resolved an issue like this and to guage how the firearms community in PA feels about these actions.

At this point the general consensus seems to be that:
    1.) It's probably deliberate behavior based on the fact that they obviously hunt or attempt too
    2.) Asking them to stop politely is probably the best course of action
    3.) If after asking they don't stop or escalate I'll porbably just leave them alone if they're not bothering me or call the cops if they are
    Perhaps if you pay him $200.................
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Bucks County)

Paying assholes is the dumbest thing I have ever read on POOFA. Even dumber than some of the shit I have written. Can you imagine neighborhood kids reaction to finding out there's a guy in the neighborhood who pays you to not do things? What a gold mine.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Paying assholes is the dumbest thing I have ever read on POOFA. Even dumber than some of the shit I have written. Can you imagine neighborhood kids reaction to finding out there's a guy in the neighborhood who pays you to not do things? What a gold mine.
    Will you pay me to not neg rep you?
    Last edited by normanvin; November 28th, 2017 at 02:04 PM.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    "It would be a real shame if your cabin burned down, I'll keep an eye on it for $500 a month."
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Susquehanna County)

I live in an area of PA that has more hunting camps then permanent residences. From the Saturday before 1st day to the end of the 1st weekend is pretty much nuts at the bars, grocery stores and camps.
    We learn to live with it. We only hunt private property the 1st week.
    my guess is these folks are from an urban area and this is their only time to be loud and blow up tannerite.
    The deer might be spooked for Sunday but judging by my tannerite sites the next day they are walking right through the detonation site.

Recommendation is go to camp for the 2nd weekend. By the 2nd Friday in hunting season the woods are quiet and deer moving on their trails again.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sayersj629 View Post
    Here we have free telling us he won't even take his own advice. Stop trolling man and move on. ......
    Cooking up some popcorn and grabbing a fresh beer.. this should be good
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Right....so, your suggestion is, rather than engage in a simple business transaction, to provide something of value for something you see of value, to imply that if they don't do what you want, they may be the subject of felonious activity by the neighbors. That seems reasonable. Hell, out in the woods like that, off the beaten path? It's a good way to never be seen again.

Honestly if the "opening day hunt" that one cherishes so much isn't worth a lousy $200 (or whatever), it must not be that cherished - esp. since you could probably split that with whomever else you're hunting with.
    Heck, you wouldn't even buy two new scooter tires to start your road trip off safe. I just don't believe you would toss $200 to strangers for any reason. I think your fishing with a net.

Here's a few numbers for you...
    Allegheny National Forest Crime Tip Line
    To report a non-emergency criminal activity call: 814-927-5757

Marienville Ranger District
    Rob Fallon
    District Ranger
    131 Smokey Lane
    Marienville, PA 16239
    Phone: 814-927-6628

Tell them they brought in firewood from out of state.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast