Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: How should we handle this...

Also worth noting that they may have no fucking idea when "hunting season" starts or ends. I know I don't (:

Nevertheless...if you expect them to forego the desired use of their property so that you can engage in the activity YOU are interested in, it is reasonable to compensate them for that.

(Perry County)

Very true, deer quickly acclimate to the area. If these guys blow Tannerite regularly, the deer won't care. I love how they just look up at me and don't care when I'm on my tractor.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Very true, deer quickly acclimate to the area. If these guys blow Tannerite regularly, the deer won't care. I love how they just look up at me and don't care when I'm on my tractor.
    They only do it the night before deer rifle season.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Also worth noting that they may have no fucking idea when "hunting season" starts or ends. I know I don't (:

Nevertheless...if you expect them to forego the desired use of their property so that you can engage in the activity YOU are interested in, it is reasonable to compensate them for that.
    They seem to hunt, but somewhere nearby not on their property.

(Wyoming County)

My humble 2 cents is I ain't paying anybody to act like a decent human being. That said I agree with Bogey & Uncle Jumbo, that the deer are probably less effected by it than the humans. They live with lightning & thunder all year round. Doesn't mean I condone your asshole neighbors
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

This can all be solved with a much larger explosion...preferably when they're sleeping off a hangover.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    My humble 2 cents is I ain't paying anybody to act like a decent human being. That said I agree with Bogey & Uncle Jumbo, that the deer are probably less effected by it than the humans. They live with lightning & thunder all year round. Doesn't mean I condone your asshole neighbors
    I concur.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sayersj629 View Post
    They seem to hunt, but somewhere nearby not on their property.
    Maybe you could hunt there too (:

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    My humble 2 cents is I ain't paying anybody to act like a decent human being.
    In other words, you don't even want to provide a reach-around.

Confrontation: Hey, I'd appreciate it if you didn't blow shit up on the day before I want to go kill some deer.
    Business Transaction: I'll give you $200 if you don't blow shit up on the day before I want to go kill some deer.

Seems like most people are generally going to be more receptive to one than the other.

Hell - If I thought they would accept it, I'd offer my neighbors $10,000 - cash - to sell their house on the open market (friends, relatives, coworkers, etc. excluded), with the proviso they never appear on my street again. I'd go as high as $15,000 too.
    Last edited by free; November 27th, 2017 at 05:47 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    This can all be solved with a much larger explosion...preferably when they're sleeping off a hangover.
    I feel like this could either escalate quickly or interest them. I don't think I want either of those things.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Maybe you could hunt there too (:

In other words, you don't even want to provide a reach-around.

Confrontation: Hey, I'd appreciate it if you didn't blow shit up on the day before I want to go kill some deer.
    Business Transaction: I'll give you $200 if you don't blow shit up on the day before I want to go kill some deer.

Seems like most people are generally going to be more receptive to one than the other.

Hell - If I thought they would accept it, I'd offer my neighbors $10,000 - cash - to sell their house on the open market (friends, relatives, coworkers, etc. excluded), with the proviso they never appear on my street again. I'd go as high as $15,000 too.
    Thanks for your suggestion free.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast