Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Any Wild Acres Residents?

Hello everyone. I live in the Philly burbs but am looking for a vacation place in Pike County and ran across Wild Acres. It's a bit off the beaten track (which is what I prefer anyway), so the prices and HOA fees are pretty reasonable. I'm not thrilled about an HOA community, but you're pretty much stuck if you want lake front.

I know a lot of communities have rules and regs about firearms ('cause the New Yorkers brought their liberal ideologies with them; don't get me started on what they've done to the Poconos) and Wild Acres is no exception. From their website:

1. No hunting or discharge of firearms is permitted within the boundary of Wild Acres.
    2. Carrying, or traveling in a motor vehicle with a loaded firearm (pistol, rifle, shotgun, flintlock, air gun, BB gun, bow and arrow or other type of device capable of propelling a projectile of any kind) within Wild Acres is prohibited.
    3. Walking on any road or common area of the community with any firearm, bow & arrow or other type of device capable of propelling a projectile of any kind is prohibited.

It's not my intention to start a discussion about whether or not HOA's can restrict the possession of firearms. (I see that it's been discussed on this forum previously, plus it would be conjecture since it's never been litigated in Pennsylvania as far as I know.) Suffice it to say I have a concealed carry permit and always carry....and that would include in Wild Acres. (The operative word is "concealed". They won't know.)

I'd appreciate insight from any forum members that live in or are familiar with Wild Acres. The rules and regs notwithstanding, are the residents 2A friendly? What are your thoughts on the community in general?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Any Wild Acres Residents?

1. No hunting or discharge of firearms is permitted within the boundary of Wild Acres.
    2. Carrying, or traveling in a motor vehicle with a loaded firearm (pistol, rifle, shotgun, flintlock, air gun, BB gun, bow and arrow or other type of device capable of propelling a projectile of any kind) within Wild Acres is prohibited.
    3. Walking on any road or common area of the community with any firearm, bow & arrow or other type of device capable of propelling a projectile of any kind is prohibited
    Why not just move to NJ/NY?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

Seems like a typical gayted community.

Also doubt it's too wild. It may be by NY/NJ standards. They probably have classes about how to survive in the NE PA wilderness.

It doesn't sound very gun friendly by your own description.

(Allegheny County)

An entire community that signed legal documents that prohibit themselves or others from carrying firearms... and you want to know if the community is "2A friendly"?

Is this a trick question???
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I live pretty close to there in Marcel Lake. I have no idea what the rules of my community are regarding guns since I don't care. I know you can't hunt or shoot which is reasonable, but I honestly don't care whether or not they "allow" me to carry a loaded firearm.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks Yoder. I figured my post would raise some hackles, so I appreciate the pragmatic response. I agree completely.

While I take Thomas Jefferson's "it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg" approach to most issues, I despise anti-2Aers on principle and in practice. That said, while principles are admirable, them and a $1.65 will get you a large coffee at Wawa. I'm not going to make a decision about whether or not to purchase real estate based on principle. If I do decide to buy in Wild Acres, I'll simply ignore their silly rules and carry concealed like I always do. (I try not to patronize "gun free" businesses. But if I must enter one, I do the same there.)

The intention of my post was to find out if anyone knew whether the residents are generally 2A friendly and perhaps involved in the shooting sports. I don't give a crap what the HOA thinks.

(Lackawanna County)

I live in gold key. They say the same things. Ive open carried still.

(Pike County)

I live in Wild Acres. I'll PM you.
    Life Member SAF, CCRKBA; Senior Life Member FOAC

thinking of moving into Wild acres...any new info/results of the move????

(Pike County)

Still here...are you moving year round or weekend/vacation?

BTW: grew up in Old Tappan. Back in the 70's, great memories of the neighborhood crew riding our bikes to the Closter Hobby Shop and Bowling at the Closter Rec. Slices of Pizza at Rudy's for .25 cents , shopping at Grand Way, driving range with my Dad at Closter Golf and remember when Burger King came in, it was a big deal.
    Life Member SAF, CCRKBA; Senior Life Member FOAC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast