Hello everyone. I live in the Philly burbs but am looking for a vacation place in Pike County and ran across Wild Acres. It's a bit off the beaten track (which is what I prefer anyway), so the prices and HOA fees are pretty reasonable. I'm not thrilled about an HOA community, but you're pretty much stuck if you want lake front.

I know a lot of communities have rules and regs about firearms ('cause the New Yorkers brought their liberal ideologies with them; don't get me started on what they've done to the Poconos) and Wild Acres is no exception. From their website:

1. No hunting or discharge of firearms is permitted within the boundary of Wild Acres.
2. Carrying, or traveling in a motor vehicle with a loaded firearm (pistol, rifle, shotgun, flintlock, air gun, BB gun, bow and arrow or other type of device capable of propelling a projectile of any kind) within Wild Acres is prohibited.
3. Walking on any road or common area of the community with any firearm, bow & arrow or other type of device capable of propelling a projectile of any kind is prohibited.

It's not my intention to start a discussion about whether or not HOA's can restrict the possession of firearms. (I see that it's been discussed on this forum previously, plus it would be conjecture since it's never been litigated in Pennsylvania as far as I know.) Suffice it to say I have a concealed carry permit and always carry....and that would include in Wild Acres. (The operative word is "concealed". They won't know.)

I'd appreciate insight from any forum members that live in or are familiar with Wild Acres. The rules and regs notwithstanding, are the residents 2A friendly? What are your thoughts on the community in general?