Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Sheriffs Notification ???

How many of you feel we should send a letter about OC to each sheriffs department. And post on here the departments that received them. It may make them think before they say "I didn't know that was the law"

I'm getting tired of hearing the sheriff's revoking my LTCF and won't tell me why. If the lawyer has something to fall back on such as a web site that list all the sheriffs that received the letter that should make it easier when they go to court

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sheriffs Notification ???

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    How many of you feel we should send a letter about OC to each sheriffs department. And post on here the departments that received them. It may make them think before they say "I didn't know that was the law"
    i think that has pretty much been done.

various people on this forum have sent out the "training memo" to, i gotta think, just about every sheriff (and prolly most PDs) in the entire state.

i don't think they pay much attention.

but, it can't hurt.

(Northumberland County)

I'm getting tired of hearing the sheriff's revoking my LTCF and won't tell me why. If the lawyer has something to fall back on such as a web site that list all the sheriffs that received the letter that should make it easier when they go to court
    It needs to be done I don't know of anyone who has had any trouble with the sheriff in my co.[ northumberland, sheriff Chad Reiner] he seems to be one of the better ones. But from what I have seen on this forum, there are a lot out there that need educated. And who better to do it but us?

(Luzerne County)

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by dtree25 View Post
    It needs to be done I don't know of anyone who has had any trouble with the sheriff in my co.[ northumberland, sheriff Chad Reiner] he seems to be one of the better ones. But from what I have seen on this forum, there are a lot out there that need educated. And who better to do it but us?
    IIRC Chad was quoted after the Dickson City event saying that "You can carry a 44 magnum on your hip if you like" or something similar. Seems he knows the law and shouldn't be one of those who'll revoke for OC. His Office also does NOT pass out misinformation like some others do. IIRC they quote the laws and really don't provide any "guidelines" that are NOT in the law.

Chad was schooled by the former sheriff Berkoski who passed away while in office, he was VERY pro gun. I haven't met personally with sheriff Reiner, but so far he has proven himself a friend of gunowners.

(Lawrence County)

I think any money would be better spent by petitioning to have the entire "character clause" removed from the UFA and strip this power from the sheriffs for good. It's complete bullshit that you need a license to practice a constitutionally protected right in the first place but then, on top of that, one mans opinion can keep you from exercising that right.

(Berks County)

its been done, check my sig and you'll find links to Truecrimsons list and my mirror copy of his page. All sheriffs depts, most if not all PSP barracks, and a growing list of municipal PD's have been sent the training memo.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.