Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Union County)

Default Re: New fn Jersey bound

Take advice from a recent New Jersey escapee. Do not do not do not do not.... Is that enough of those? Do not take a firearm into New Jersey with you. Shakedown your car, make sure you don't have any old hollow points from a range trip. Do not bring slingshot, do not bring anything larger than a small folding knife, and don't bring pepper spray bigger than 3/4 of an ounce. Ask Brain Aitken, Shaneen Allen, a handful of others that have been caught up and New Jersey's ridiculous web for gun laws. They are only the names that got famous. The southern third of New Jersey is still fairly world, and patrolled by the state troopers. They tend to be more reasonable, when it comes to these kinds of things. In the middle third, and the upper third of New Jersey, there are a lot of small town, and Township police departments. A lot of 10 to 12 officer departments. They tend to be extremely overzealous, and Nazi-ish. Most of the small townies want to make a name for themselves, and the County prosecutor always wants to make a name for himself, and they will do it off of you and your single hollow point.

Go in, do what you got to do, and get out. Keep your situational awareness on high, park smart, travel smart, and set yourself up for success. But don't take your gun. Don't take gun parts, don't take ammo. Don't take anything in the vehicle but looks like it might belong to a gun. If you get pulled over for speeding, something silly like not using a blinker, you would probably get off just fine. If they spot a range bag, or a magazine on the floor, you're going down a long road and being searched on the side of the road. And if the magazine holds more than 15 rounds, you'll probably be charged with it.

No. No. No.
    Something clever belongs here. Same screen name at ARFCOM.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nopetrol View Post
    Take advice from a recent New Jersey escapee. Do not do not do not do not.... Is that enough of those? Do not take a firearm into New Jersey with you. Shakedown your car, make sure you don't have any old hollow points from a range trip. Do not bring slingshot, do not bring anything larger than a small folding knife, and don't bring pepper spray bigger than 3/4 of an ounce. Ask Brain Aitken, Shaneen Allen, a handful of others that have been caught up and New Jersey's ridiculous web for gun laws. They are only the names that got famous. The southern third of New Jersey is still fairly world, and patrolled by the state troopers. They tend to be more reasonable, when it comes to these kinds of things. In the middle third, and the upper third of New Jersey, there are a lot of small town, and Township police departments. A lot of 10 to 12 officer departments. They tend to be extremely overzealous, and Nazi-ish. Most of the small townies want to make a name for themselves, and the County prosecutor always wants to make a name for himself, and they will do it off of you and your single hollow point.

Go in, do what you got to do, and get out. Keep your situational awareness on high, park smart, travel smart, and set yourself up for success. But don't take your gun. Don't take gun parts, don't take ammo. Don't take anything in the vehicle but looks like it might belong to a gun. If you get pulled over for speeding, something silly like not using a blinker, you would probably get off just fine. If they spot a range bag, or a magazine on the floor, you're going down a long road and being searched on the side of the road. And if the magazine holds more than 15 rounds, you'll probably be charged with it.

No. No. No.
    Duly noted, I’ve arrived gunless��

Quote Originally Posted by lagco View Post
    Resist the temptation, and don't even think about hollowpoints - there's a $1000. per round civil fine if you're caught on the street.
    Cite please
    NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Advice ? Dont bring up conversations on Thanksgiving about Politics or Gun ownership in NJ ! Enjoy the day !
    those are the FIRST things I bring up anytime I go to NJ... F them and their whole "victim" mentality, they bring it on themselves

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
    those are the FIRST things I bring up anytime I go to NJ... F them and their whole "victim" mentality, they bring it on themselves
    As a survivor of NJ residency, it's not totally true. The small town in Central NJ in Monmouth County I grew up in was probably more gun friendly than where I'm at in Bucks now. The week of NJ's Six Day Firearm Deer Season, most of the guys skipped class. (I was never actually in class for this week myself). We used to shoot everything but centerfire rifle in the back yard.

You'd be surprised of the views of probably more than half of NJ residents (at least the ones that didn't come from NY). It's the cities that ruin it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by AJ168 View Post
    As a survivor of NJ residency, it's not totally true. The small town in Central NJ in Monmouth County I grew up in was probably more gun friendly than where I'm at in Bucks now. The week of NJ's Six Day Firearm Deer Season, most of the guys skipped class. (I was never actually in class for this week myself). We used to shoot everything but centerfire rifle in the back yard.

You'd be surprised of the views of probably more than half of NJ residents (at least the ones that didn't come from NY). It's the cities that ruin it.
    If they were that gun friendly they wouldn’t live in NJ unless they’re FUDD’s.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Advice ? Dont bring up conversations on Thanksgiving about Politics or Gun ownership in NJ ! Enjoy the day !
    Rights can never be advanced by hiding in the closet. Look at how much gay rights have advanced since activists started coming out. They have shown us a very successful approach and we would be foolish for not doing the same.

Be loud and proud but also respectful.

(Bucks County)

Most of my friends still live there because of family, jobs, or the fishing/hunting. Compare Jersey deer to Eastern PA deer. The hunting regs are much better over there too.
    I opted to drive an hour and a half each way for work, but live at least slightly more free.

(Bucks County)

Most of my friends still live there because of family, jobs, or the fishing/hunting. Compare Jersey deer to Eastern PA deer. The hunting regs are much better over there too.
    I opted to drive an hour and a half each way for work, but live at least slightly more free.

I don't think they're much better. No rifles is pretty lame. I was surprised at how gay some of the PA regs were when I moved here 20 years ago.

We'll be heading over in an hour. Already defelonized the car.

We always talk guns.

My BIL is very conservative, especially for being an English professor.

Still not sure about my sister though.

I can believe it, but electing the same anti gun officials keeps you directly in the middle of shit city.

only New Jersians can fix their problems with a government that doesn't believe the citizens deserve to defend their own lives

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast