Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Random cabelas gun purchase question...

So cabelas had a hell of a deal on a Savage axis II with a wood stock. 299 shipped to store. Savage was running a 50 dollar rebate. So 250 for a wood stock, accutrigger Savage? Sold!

Bought it and paid friday, got notice it was ready for pickup today, probably going Wednesday to get it.

However, now Savage has 100 dollar rebate on the axis line instead of 50 that started yesterday...so I was curious to those that bought a gun and had it shipped to store... if I pick it up will they give me a receipt dated that day? Or will I have to use the old one?

199 for a Savage would be even sweeter!

(Washington County)

Default Re: Random cabelas gun purchase question...

Probably be dated the day you ordered it. But maybe they can refund and pay for it again to get a new date, being that you haven’t technically picked it up yet.

Never dealt with buying a firearm from them so.. just a thought.

(Clearfield County)

Don't worry about it, by the time they get the background check done it will be past the deadline to send in for a rebate anyway.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilez226 View Post
    Probably be dated the day you ordered it. But maybe they can refund and pay for it again to get a new date, being that you haven’t technically picked it up yet.

Never dealt with buying a firearm from them so.. just a thought.

That's how I used to get Black Friday priced rifles at Dunham's.

I'd go to the store the week before and choose the best one on the rack and have them put it on layaway at whatever the current price happened to be.
    On Black Friday I would go to the store and while all the idiots (40-50 people in line at the gun counter for PICS) stood there for an hour, I simply went to the register at the front and asked to have the price adjusted on my layaway.

They made the adjustment and I left - ten minutes tops. A few days later I would go pick it up - no waiting and at a super good price.

I would certainly not hesitate to explain to Cabela's the new, better rebate and ask if they could help me out by ringing it back up with a new date.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

That's kinda what I'm thinking. I plan on going in the morning to beat the line but I doubt that'll happen. Never bought a gun from them on the account they usually have their "sale" items priced higher than local shops regular price, but this one was actually too good to pass up.

Hopefully they'll be willing to refund and change it or at least give me a 2nd receipt for that day.

(Berks County)

If you are going to the Cabelas near Hamburg go to the Customer Service counter (directly to the right upon entering) and they should be able to rectify the situation.

I think that you would have to go to CS to pick it up either way, but not sure on that point.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    That's how I used to get Black Friday priced rifles at Dunham's.

I'd go to the store the week before and choose the best one on the rack and have them put it on layaway at whatever the current price happened to be.
    On Black Friday I would go to the store and while all the idiots (40-50 people in line at the gun counter for PICS) stood there for an hour, I simply went to the register at the front and asked to have the price adjusted on my layaway.

They made the adjustment and I left - ten minutes tops. A few days later I would go pick it up - no waiting and at a super good price.

I would certainly not hesitate to explain to Cabela's the new, better rebate and ask if they could help me out by ringing it back up with a new date.
    So you made 3 trips, instead of 1. I hope the store was damn close to home. Otherwise, total time involved is probably more than the "idiots" who just stood in line on Black Friday, and certainly costs, with all your fuel added in would be more....

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by IV_Warrior View Post
    So you made 3 trips, instead of 1. I hope the store was damn close to home. Otherwise, total time involved is probably more than the "idiots" who just stood in line on Black Friday, and certainly costs, with all your fuel added in would be more....

To save $100? Yes, I'll make one extra trip.

I'd have made two trips regardless because I wouldn't likely walk in and just buy it outright.
    One to put it on layaway and one to pick it up - more if I made a lot of payments, but I'd do that when going that way to the grocery store.

Ten minutes max from home and I don't usually run out anywhere without combining a few stops.

Your post makes sense and something to consider, but I made it work for me.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!