Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Default Re: Some of my favorite arbitrary range rules

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    Plain and Simple, our range isn't for kids. There are lots of ranges for kids to learn how to shoot, that's never been the concept for our range. Our sole mission is to teach 16+ years old how to shoot tactically. It's a business plan that is working well for us considering how many LEO's use our range. 3 out of 5 shooting areas at our facility permit moving and shooting, we encurage holster quick draw, rapid fire, have range cars to shoot out of, breach doors to kick open, etc.. it isn't a place for kids to learn how to shoot. The no one under 16 rule is one of the biggest compliments we get from our members.
    Well said and I agree.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lackawanna County)

Nothing will change until you replace the top with the bottom.

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...65#post3676265

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Parents can't concentrate on shooting safety and their kids. A good portion of todays modern parent feel it's not their responsibility to watch their kids. I see it at my club. Parents let their short-attention span kids run and chase each other , even between shooting benches.
    Yea... If I saw that I'd be ripping that parent a new one. I will barely tolerate people not minding their demon spawns out in the general public space, but at a gun range, a place where I'm a paying member, or any place that's dangerous for that matter, yea I'd be ripping assholes into people. I don't actually care if your little shits get shot... I just don't want to be the one doing it, accidentially.

(Tioga County)

At the range that I go to we don't allow anything but paper targets except for the steel gongs that we have set up on the rifle range. On the pistol range we have steel plates with the rule of no rifle rounds as the plates are setup at 10 and 12 yards. Cardboard is okay but the rule was put into place so people would quit bringing car parts and other such items to shoot at and then just leave them for someone else to pickup. We also state no rapid fire but with an (i.e. magazine dump) after that as we have in the past had people shooting their AR's and AK's a fast as they could pull the trigger and to me if your doing a mag dump you are not controlling your firearm. As our range is located next to the town's border we have to think very hard about safety without being Nazis about it.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910