Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: ARE THERE MOUNTAIN LIONS IN PA?

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    And yet, zero evidence exists. Not one verifiable trail cam photo, not one cell phone photo, not one killed on the road. Again, I make allowance that a rogue cat could stray through PA. There is no breeding population of mountain lions in PA. All of the outdoor writers would love to break the story. None have had the opportunity because NO ONE has provided any evidence to make a credible story. It's simply inconceivable given the amount of surveillance, trail and cell phone camera that they live in PA and are never photographed.

As to the PAGC bringing in mountain lions. First, deer are a big moneymaker for the PAGC. It would be foolish to kill the deer. Second, releasing mountain lion to kill the deer would lead to killing things other than deer, like family dogs and family members. Mountain lions kill people.
    Especially with all the trail cams around these days, it would be very easy to validate a sustainable population in PA.

When I lived out west, cougars were getting hit by cars frequently and they left plenty of sign in our valley as they shadowed the elk population.

I think what people see here in PA are bobcats and because of distance or lighting they mistake them for cougars. I was flipping through my trail cam photos and saw a big cat that quickly turned out to be a bobcat.

Doesn't this make Penn State look like fools when they chose their mascot? Might as well named them the Penn State Roadrunners.

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Perry County)

I've seen that ugly stuffed cat when I was at Penn State. What a raggedy bit of taxidermy that thing is.

https://news.psu.edu/story/158034/20...nittany-valley
    University Park, Pa. — You'll understand if the recent proposal from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to declare the Eastern cougar extinct takes on a special significance at Penn State, where the Nittany Lion has been the University's mascot since 1904.

After a lengthy review, federal officials in March revealed their conclusion that there are no breeding populations of cougars -- also known as pumas, panthers and mountain lions -- in the eastern United States. Researchers believe the Eastern cougar subspecies probably has been extinct since the 1930s.

Many wildlife biologists believe that native populations of the big cat were wiped out by man a century ago. So the Eastern cougar will be removed from the endangered species list, where it was placed in 1973.

The declaration was met by resignation in Penn State's College of Agricultural Sciences, where Gary San Julian, professor of wildlife resources, has fielded many inquiries about the Eastern cougar's status in recent decades. He wanted to believe that some remnant cougar population survived in northcentral Pennsylvania, or elsewhere in the East, but he knew better.

"Without some proof, the mountain lions here remain a rural legend," he said. "We never have had one killed by a collision with a vehicle or shot, nor have we even seen a confirmed track, DNA-verified scat or an indisputable photograph or video. We need to see proof."
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Bull shit! I seen it. You calling me and everyone else a liar?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post

Holy shit, even the mountain lion has the crazy eyes of a liberal. Something is seriously wrong with these schools.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Maybe the Aark in Chalfont? I think i've seen deer there before....
    Any place 100% privately funded can more or less do what they want.
    A lot of the places with state funding get local wildlife roaming through that are not actually cared for by the center.
    It's common to have resident wildlife that spend their time on the premises but are not related to the operation.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Holy shit, even the mountain lion has the crazy eyes of a liberal. Something is seriously wrong with these schools.
    That looks like the cartoon engraving on the side of the original T/C Contender.

(Bucks County)

Now that so many have hi-def cell phone cameras, no photos is evidence there are no mountain lions. Same goes for the drop in UFO sightings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Now that so many have hi-def cell phone cameras, no photos is evidence there are no mountain lions. Same goes for the drop in UFO sightings.
    Yet, pictures of big foot remain fuzzy..........weird

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by czarchuck368 View Post
    on his way to work he witnessed a gam commission truck loading a about 100 l.b. Mountain lion on their pick up truck.
    I saw that too. I was astonished that the gam commission had such old trucks. Gam commission, Gam commission, Gam commission.....the secretly funded commission of the State of Pennsylvania.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast