Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: ARE THERE MOUNTAIN LIONS IN PA?

Quote Originally Posted by glockman22 View Post
    someone told me that there are mountain lions in pa.I'm trying to see if any long time pa residents and hunters heard of mountain lions being in pa or maybe have seen tracks or seen a mountain lion its self.

For those that don't know mountain lions are also called.cougars,panthers,and pumas.
    Believe me when I say we have Mountain Lions in PA. I don't know if you remember in the 90's Eye Witness News filmed a small 75 lb. cougar(mountain Lion on the play ground at Newtown Elementary School. The very same morning at the intersection of the PA turnpike and route 611 two of us in different vehicles viewed a big cat brown about 200 lbs ready to devour an opossum. When it saw our lights approaching it took one big leap and cleared two lanes of a 4 lane highway. That mountain lion was at least 8' long from nose to it's thick tail. It shook me up. Since then I saw two one in 2016 at 9:00 at night on November 17, 2016 following behind a group of deer it was stalking behind on route 232 near Moreland Road. Then coming back from the Neshaminy Mall in January 6, 2017 My wife warned me as a large mountain lion jumped right in front of my car following a herd of deer on the golf course back 9. Several people around the wild life reserve have spotted a smaller mountain lion with a turkey in it's mouth. A friend saw game wardens in Pennsburg loading a dead small mountain lion into the back of their pick up. You don't see them because the hunt at dusk and night. Mountain lions usually have a den a cave or old drainage pipe they use for day shelter. I used to track deer and anyone worth their weight in salt knows the difference between a large cat print and what the game commission is telling people are coyote prints. I also have a taped recording of one calling at 3:00 in the A.M. after my dog woke me.

(Montgomery County)

I had a cell phone and it happened so fast when the big Mountain Lion jumped in front of my car from a large bolder it was impossible to get the photo. It was so fast it was gone in seconds.

(Montgomery County)

I live in Willow Grove where you would least expect any wild life at all and we have everything from Fox, Deer, Coyotes, occasional Bear, two Bald Eagles, dozens of Red Tailed Hawks, and the new arrivals Mountain Lion pair. I have a bad set of prints with deep claw marks, recording of one calling it's mate or young, wo encounters. I do not let my dog out at night without me observing him since we have had deer spooked by something causing them to run in the street in front of the house. The Game Commission is full of it. Years ago I told them we had a Bob Cat in the field and they said it must be a house cat. When I called about the Mountain Lion about an 1/8 mile from my house now they say it must be a bob cat.

Man I was just thinking I would love to hear that story of when you called the game commission about a mountain lion and they said it was a bob cat.

Ohh look you did again with another copy and paste.

Why are you quoting the OP from 2008 and keeping this nonsense going?

I’m guessing it’s because your slightly retarded and appear to be stuck in a revolving door of stupid.
    Last edited by Hodgie; November 13th, 2018 at 10:40 PM.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Man I was just thinking I would love to hear that story of when you called the game commission about a mountain lion and they said it was a bob cat.

Ohh look you did again with another copy and paste.

Why are you quoting the OP from 2008 and keeping this nonsense going?

I’m guessing it’s because your slightly retarded and appear to be stuck in a revolving door of stupid.

(Perry County)

What disturbs me about these eye witness accounts is that so many people that spend enormous amounts of time in the woods never see any. And the eye witnesses see them all of the time, sometimes several times a year. They're putting on shows for those folks, and yet, avoid everyone else. They know where every surveillance camera is, they know where every single trail cam is and avoid those too.

They're just amazing creatures, I wish I was blessed with them allowing me to see them. All I ever see are those damn unicorns, every couple of weeks, there's another damn unicorn. It pisses me off because they always turn their asses to me and fart glitter rainbows. Rude fuckers those unicorns.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Wow. None spotted by people or recorded by cameras, and czarchuck368 has seen three!!

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by czarchuck368 View Post
    I have a bad set of prints with deep claw marks.....
    A mountain lion is the same as any other cat and has retractable claws. Claw marks are not present in cat tracks.

It’s already been stated that there are no CLEAR trail cam pics of ML’s or road kills. But in addition, throughout the state there are thousands of foot traps set for fox, coyote, and bobcats, and yet, no ML has ever been accidentally caught. A foot trap will easily hold a ML. I have caught and held many huge dogs in my foot traps, and every year there is an occasional bear caught and held.

(Schuylkill County)

We have always had Mtn Lions in Pennsylvania. Our government has never been and never will be capable of extirpating Mtn Lions, even today, with the use of modern equipment. The State bounty program that is credited with wiping out the native population was a feel good measure. It worked well enough that people today still feel good about it.

I cannot understand why you all are so rude to the people claiming to have seen them. None of these witnesses have anything to gain by coming forward with sightings. They are trying to warn you to watch your back and you treat them like shit.

Sightings have never stopped being reported from the time that the State claims to have wiped them out. Plenty of evidence has been collected over the years but most of the population has some irrational fear that prevents them from seeing things for what they really are.

https://wnep.com/2018/08/27/what-is-...yCH2hSQhis983c

(Tioga County)

"Sightings" don't really mean crap in the grand scheme of things.

For a sustainable population to exist, as I know from living in an area with cougars out west, is that they leave plenty of sign. Cougar shit, paw prints, dead kills, trail cam photo and video and especially dead cougars on the side of the road from getting hit by cars. Just have a look at how hard it has been over 40 years to sustain the Everglades population of cougars. Even there are few roads running through there the damn things keep getting hit by cars.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast