Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: ARE THERE MOUNTAIN LIONS IN PA?

Update on the "attack" that recently happened

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_596505.html

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Bedford County)

When the second amendment is gone, the rest won't mean a damn thing!

(Carbon County)

Funny, only cougar I've ever seen in real life was when I was a small child. The local pet shop/supply house had a cougar locked up in a plastic cage in the basement. Everyone was allowed to go down and see it. Don't know if they caught it or bought it.
    Is that the old pet shop on 209 that is now an antique shop,I've seen that around 14 years ago,anyway,while riding quads and dirtbikes by delaware state forest in ne pa,(by pocono raceway)my brother in law swore he saw a mt lion,I said are you sure it wasn't a bobcat?/he said definitely not it was a mt lion had long tail and was pretty big.....he knows what they look like from that pet shop we used to see it all the time his name was freddy the cougar!!

Perkasie (San Diego right now), Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

I go up to a cabin located in the Bald Eagle St. Forest. Last Oct. while we were up there we heard a screaming sound come from the woods. It was about 2 in the morning and it freaked everybody out. I have been going up there since I was 5 and never heard anything like that up there before. We thought somebody got hurt but everybody was in the cabin. Then today when I was reading through the website above it says that mountain lions will make screaming sounds. We just figured it was a small animal that had gotten snached up by something. (which it very well could have been)

Yes, there are mountain lions in PA. My wife and I saw one about 3 years ago about 50 feet from our house in East Benton. (about a mile from I-81). I've hunted all my life and I know what they look like. We watched it for a few minutes and there is absolutely no doubt as to what it was.
    Having said that I have to say that I think the lion was an escapee from a wild animal park or a pet because I have never seen ANY trace of any kind since then. No track, no scat, nada!
    I usually don't tell people this because some people say that they were brought in to help keep the unicorn population in check or ask me why I'm not wearing my tin foil hat.
    If you do see one PLEASE take a picture....if you shoot it you will be in a world of hurt from the State and the Federal govt.

I saw a uni-horned deer last week.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    I saw a uni-horned deer last week.
    No shit, that is amazing. Now if you said a uni-antlered deer maybe, but a deer with a horn, I have never seen that

Be safe.

Scott

(Union County)

Talking Re: ARE THERE MOUNTAIN LIONS IN PA?

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    No shit, that is amazing. Now if you said a uni-antlered deer maybe, but a deer with a horn, I have never seen that

Be safe. And anatomically correct
    Scott
    Fissed it for you.... Be in touch here shortly. -Toby
    Girls, Guns and Gears......What more could you ask for in life?!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by MadArcher13 View Post
    I know this thread is quite old, but I feel the need to say something. Most of the replies here are no, no, no...impossible, must have confused it with a bobcat. Well, I am here to say yes. Not my opinion "yes", but an actual affirmation. I have lived in rural Pennsylvania for 12 years now, and spend my summers up here since age 5 on my grandfather's farm, which is across the creek from where I live now, and I can see it by the light of the moon right now. I digress, I have been enthralled with the subject of possible remnant lion populations for years and have devoured any literature, print or online that I could find...but no lion sighting for me...until this past Wednesday, August 17th, 2016. There had been a wash of sightings a few years back and I remember seeing a photograph in a local deli...a man named Kameen. There is info on the sighting somewhere on the web...east Ararat. Pennsylvania. I reside in Ararat, Pennsylvania. A week or so before my sighting, my ex came to my house abd said that a lion crossed the road I live on and entered the woods, adjacent to my backyard. I jumped in my truck and she pointed out where it entered, I found tracks and the bushes were pushed fown in the area...no lion. I was a but perplexed as to why everyone but I sees this cat...for I have a large flock of free range chickens and penned meat rabbits. On this past Wednesday morning at around 7:30 am, I saw my lion...my girlfriend was about to leave for work and I was outside, seeing her off, when something caught my eye in the driveway of my grandpas old farm...across the creek...not 150 yards away...a lion, in all its grace, tawny, white underbelly, black mask and tail tip...long tail...30 inches or more, I grabbed my binos and watched him for at least 5 minutes before he disappeared into the high grass, headed toward my field. I have studied animals my whole life and hold a BA in zoology, also I am an avid hunter and outdoorsman. What I saw was a lion...undoubtedly, naysayers call me what you will...I care not. Felis Concolor...this archery season I will not be in the woods without a sidearm...thank you for reading, and always keep your eyes peeled...
    1) Do you have an aversion to paragraphs?
    2) You watched it for five minutes yet didn't think to pull out a camera (your phone?) to snap a picture?

(Susquehanna County)

As I said before...I do not care if anyone believes my account...I know now for sure that the lion is here, and my phone was in my room...plugged in on my nightstand. I wasn't departing for work...she was. And no...she doesn't have a smartphone. I hadn't thought to run in my house and lose sight of the one lion I have seen in 12 years...to appease naysayers and skeptics alike...not everyone has a smartphone attached to their hip as it is evident you do...since you responded to my post on an 8 year old thread in a matter of 6 minutes...bravo...

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast