Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Venango County)

Default Re: Looking for advice on cc.

IANAL but I think this is an up to date version of Title 18 Chapter 9 section 912...

§ 912.**Possession of weapon on school property.

(a)**Definition.--Notwithstanding the definition of "weapon" in section 907 (relating to possessing instruments of crime), "weapon" for purposes of this section shall include but not be limited to any knife, cutting instrument, cutting tool, nun-chuck stick, firearm, shotgun, rifle and any other tool, instrument or implement capable of inflicting serious bodily injury.

(b)**Offense defined.--A person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree if he possesses a weapon in the buildings of, on the grounds of, or in any conveyance providing transportation to or from any elementary or secondary publicly-funded educational institution, any elementary or secondary private school licensed by the Department of Education or any elementary or secondary parochial school.

(c)**Defense.--It shall be a defense that the weapon is possessed and used in conjunction with a lawful supervised school activity or course or is possessed for other lawful purpose.
    (Oct. 16, 1980, P.L.978, No.167, eff. 60 days)
    Note where I added the bolded part. We tend to forget that transport vehicles to/from 'school institutions' are included in the prohibition. As mentioned, there is a defense, but that occurs after an arrest. Not sure what they mean by 'institution'. Does that include the grounds or does it include at any time or only when the school is in session. What about non-school events that occur on school property? We are slowly building case law on the terms "for other lawful purpose".

But if you don't have the pockets to further the cause through an actual case, do us all a favor and forgo the risk. If you have to fold and plead out, there will be no winners. You will be punished by that admission and you will hurt the cause. Personally, I think carrying is allowed or should be. But in reality, I am glad my kids are out of school!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Default Re: Looking for advice on cc.

Quote Originally Posted by GardenGnome414 View Post
    Thanks folks. Correct. I don't even bring a slingshot to Jersey. I also dont take the risk of carrying or even locking it up in the lockbox on any school property or on a nearby street. I have just not carried at all.

Thats what I was asking, what do others in a similar situation as mine do?
    I do something better. I never go to NJ when I am in PA. Used to go to Ac and spend money and other places but now I will not spend anything and hope they go bankrupt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123