Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Looking for advice on cc.

Having a daughter who's in cheerleading, I have to deal with this as well. I do my absolute best to stay within the law at all times. Sometimes it means parking off of school grounds, sometimes it means going unarmed, and sometimes...

Well... you'll just need to decide where you're own personal comfort level is at.

(Chester County)

It makes no difference if it's illegal or legal in the wording of the laws. All that you'll find out is that you will be paying large sums of money to stay out of jail. That's how the system works. Money talks and laws made the legislators have nothing to do with the courts.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lackawanna County)

The problem is legally transporting it from home to point of carry. Without a LTCF you can only transport a firearm for specific purposes: hunting, repair, shooting match, etc.
    There is no provision for transporting your firearm for the purpose of legal open carry.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA-Joe View Post
    The problem is legally transporting it from home to point of carry. Without a LTCF you can only transport a firearm for specific purposes: hunting, repair, shooting match, etc.
    There is no provision for transporting your firearm for the purpose of legal open carry.
    I don't believe the OP said he didn't have his LTCF.

What you say *is* correct, but not (necessarily) germane to the current conversation.

(Delaware County)

Thanks again for everyone's input. I do have my ltcf. I take the responsibility very seriously thus the questions. I am not inclined to test our legal system. As noted, I don't carry on school property or leave the gun in the car (even locked in the box for any extended period of time). I also don't bring it to Jersey. I was just interested in other people's experiences in the case that I was missing a point as I do not think I'm an expert and have covered every angle. I've 'learned' or 'challenged' some of my preconceived notions on cc via this forum. I think that challenging my original ideas, helps me validate what I do and why.

(Delaware County)

Not everyone has had to do the song and dance when found to be carrying on school property. There have been examples of people not being arrested or even detained. I know many have had nightmare experiences as well. The question that needs to be asked is it worth it to you, that pertains to other areas of the confusing gun laws in many places.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Bucks County)

If it is your wish, and you plan it right, no one will know whether you are circumcised. Applying the same to carry should result in similar outcome.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    If it is your wish, and you plan it right, no one will know whether you are circumcised. Applying the same to carry should result in similar outcome.
    The very reason I bought a Ruger lcp.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

As for "bang's" response, the term "Shit Happens" needs to be remembered.
    Why do you carry? For protection of yourself and others! Right? So if your on school property and you draw/use your firearm, you're in deep shit! (Granted you may be in deep shit if you don't have it with you). If you feel you have to use it and you create some collateral damage with it, you're in deeper shit with the law and the media will go crazy using it against law abiding gun owners! If you have a medical emergency while carrying on school properties?? If your vehicle is broken into while on school property???? Shit happens! Schools are Kool-aid drinker zones. You will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law if you are caught carrying on or need to use a gun while on that property or any of the other number of SH things that can go wrong at anytime anywhere.
    For me, it isn't worth losing my rights to own and carry a firearm or to spend time inside heavily fortified walls with razor wire! For those of you that think "that can't happen to me", all I can say is, good luck with that.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Lancaster County)

I think many take the risk they are comfortable with. Schools being a popular choice for the mass shooter for some carrying there makes the most sense. Having the tool to defend their kid outweighs obeying the handwringers.
    That’s not necessarily my opinion but I can get behind if

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast