Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Adams County)

Default Re: Which OWB holster for M&P2.0 compact

I carry my M&P 9c in a Don Hume leather holster with a thumb break. I believe the model is H-726. Very comfortable and keeps the weapon fairly tight to my side.
    Last edited by jtwalker; November 17th, 2017 at 11:56 AM.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Which OWB holster for M&P2.0 compact

Quote Originally Posted by matrosov View Post
    Thanks, that is exactly the stage we are in now. Training up on basics of gun handling, discussing the mindset and all the responsibilities and potential pitfalls that come with having a gun on your hip. She is about 6 months to a year away before she can comfortably carry on her own but I need a basic set of gear for her to run the drills and dry runs with and me being buy once cry once personality I want to set her up with quality stuff now so she has a decent jump off point later.
    That's definitely a good start. I always advocate for carrying as soon as responsibly possible. If she feels she can handle the responsibility sooner, then let her have at it. The only caveat to that is if you know she's doing something unsafe (and thus irresponsible). Generally, I look at the following: competency with weapon safety, competency in shooting fundamentals, an ability to draw from concealment and make accurate hits on target, understanding use of force laws, and understanding what to do after a shooting. It sounds like a lot, but there's a lot of overlap. Additionally, as a person gains competency in the above, they also typically gain confidence in their abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by jtwalker View Post
    I carry my M&P 9c in a Done Hume leather holster with a thumb break. I believe the model is H-726. Very comfortable and keeps the weapon fairly tight to my side.
    Oh, speaking of leather holsters, I really enjoyed my DeSantis Scabbard w/ thumb break while I had it. It kept the gun pretty tight against my body as well. I just felt I had much more consistency with drawing using a Safariland ALS, or skipping retention while concealing and going with kydex. In either case, best practice is to have a working knowledge of weapon retention.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12