Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default NBC News: John Cornyn, Chris Murphy ‘Near Bipartisan Deal on Gun Control’

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...l-gun-control/

On Wednesday, NBC News reported that Sens. John Cornyn (R-TX) and Chris Murphy (D-CT) were nearing a “bipartisan deal on gun control.”
    Cornyn and Murphy are working together on gun legislation related to background checks in the wake of the Texas church attack.

The Texas gunman, Devin Patrick Kelley, passed a background check for his firearms, although he had a criminal record that should have prohibited him from doing so. Kelley acquired a criminal record sufficient to forfeit Second Amendment rights while in the Air Force, but that record was not in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) because the Air Force “didn’t report” it, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis directed the Pentagon inspector general to review the failure to report Kelley’s criminal background to NICS.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Fayette County)

Default Re: NBC News: John Cornyn, Chris Murphy ‘Near Bipartisan Deal on Gun Control’

They need a new bill?
    Just use the tens of thousands of laws already on the books!
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Perry County)

Default Re: NBC News: John Cornyn, Chris Murphy ‘Near Bipartisan Deal on Gun Control’

I did some reading about it. All it does is incentivizes states to get information to the feds for NICS checks. It doesn't expand background checks or contain any new restrictions.

HOWEVER--never underestimate the Dems hanging crap on the bill. My guess is that they will so the Reps kill it and then the Dems will point to heartless pricks that won't act on gun control.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

There is no text available on this bill. Because it is co-sponsored by Blumenthal and Feinstein- and I have no f*****g idea what is in it- I vehemently oppose it. The media could say chicken eggs have blue polk-a-dots. I still don't believe them. I don't know who I distrust more- the media or the government. Might make a poll on that.

Congress.gov link to S.2135

(Centre County)

so, they will make it a law to follow an already existing law?..........is this like making murder even more illegal???
    Let's go Brandon!!!

Just keep aware and stay on it so they don't slip it through just prior to the holiday.

(Berks County)

No tax. No repeal. This, this they can do. Fake phony Republicans. Trump veto. Guarantee 4 more. Article 5. Now.

(York County)

Anyone willing to co-sponsor a bill with a rep from CT could only be an anti-rights a$$hole. I don't care if he's from Texas, it's a trap!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.