Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: can an international student purchase a handgun or rifle?

We need more knowledgeable FFL like you around my area lol very useful information, we did our homework but we are not a dealer, so we don't know who is right or wrong . Thank you!!

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowassmiata View Post
    updated, my friend got his hunting license in today, right away he went to surplus city in Ne Philly, they said give them some time to do their homework and they will call my friend back, so I told my friend go to Tanner's at Jamison and they are very knowledgeable to deal with this situation, my friend spent $3000 and walk out with a 1911, an ak47 and a ar15 today . Problem solved, thanks guys.
    I bet your friend was grinning ear to ear.
    What country are they from?
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Philadelphia County)

hongkong china, only thing id say is, it must feels great to have a rich family

(Centre County)

Most of the international students I deal with who are going to PSU are here for their PhD's. They don't come from communist China, they come from capitalist China. They have money (well, their families do). I haven't seen any of them driving anything less than a BMW and have a friend in the car business who knows the dealer who caters the high end luxury and up cars for some of them (Masarati, Ferrari, etc.) and sells quite a few every year.

As for the guns, it's like a status symbol for a lot of them, they buy them and rarely shoot them although I have a few clients that are really getting into the competitive side of shooting (IDPA, USPSA, 3 gun, trap, skeet). The others shoot a bit and when they graduate many bring their guns to me to sell for them as they can't take them back or they get jobs where the guns they own aren't allowed. I have one new client who just bought/transferred his first AR - happens to be a JP Enterprise JP-15 (not your run of the mill AR) and I expect it to be back in my shop in under 2 years to be sold. I have a Stoeger Cougar 8000 for consignment sale that is 2 years old and has had 13 rounds through it, not even a full magazine.

That said, they absolutely love the freedom we have here in the US to be able to own guns, live/travel freely and most importantly (they told me this) to be able to peacefully protest without being tossed in jail. Many said they don't understand why some of these people are protesting, they said it looks like many of these protesters really don't understand how good they have it living in the US.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Philadelphia County)

most of them just want to have it, rather then shoot the hack out of it , they describe (I know many of these rich students) it's like women buying high-end purse or bags, they don't have to use it everyday, but they feel happy just to look at it lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12