Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Rifle Range Educate

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Tuff View Post
    I have seen just about everything mentioned above done wrong including a guy whip out his dick and take a piss as if nobody was there.
    whoa...! I do that at my gun club, but then again we’re private and plus I’m a Director.

To your point though, public ranges are chock full of knuckleheads who don’t follow basic firearms safety 101... hence, PRIVATE club.

(Allegheny County)

Throw your empty beer cans in the garbage, not on the ground.

(Dauphin County)

Make sure the women have the firearm with the most recoil, for the jiggles.

(Wayne County)

LOL some funny shit here!

(Monroe County)

Well first off you have to kick the brass monkey when he/she/it gets to close to your leg while you are shooting secondly any planes, helicopter or UFO's are extra points and lastly in PA you are not allowed to go down range before it opens, dig in and wait for the range to open so you can return fire. The game warden was pissed at me for two months over that one.

I stopped using public ranges roughly two years ago. While many folks are considerate safe and always willing to help out keeping the range clean and safe you always have exceptions. I was out at SG121 on the pistol side breaking in my M1911 when out of my eye to my right I saw some young folks climbing the berm to get down range to their targets while we were hot. It seems the ground was muddy and they didn't want to dirty their shoes, when I got done yelling ceasefire and questioning their family tree, their stupidity and asking them if they wanted to die, I got a finger and some mumbled apologies. Between that and some douche bag doing MAG dumps while I was trying to zero my rifle I decided that I was safer in combat than at that range. I now use a friends range and I no longer feel like I will take one in the back or head ACCIDENTALLY. Some new gun owners are their own worse enemy and I don't want to be their first whoops.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Well first off you have to kick the brass monkey when he/she/it gets to close to your leg while you are shooting secondly any planes, helicopter or UFO's are extra points and lastly in PA you are not allowed to go down range before it opens, dig in and wait for the range to open so you can return fire. The game warden was pissed at me for two months over that one.

I stopped using public ranges roughly two years ago. While many folks are considerate safe and always willing to help out keeping the range clean and safe you always have exceptions. I was out at SG121 on the pistol side breaking in my M1911 when out of my eye to my right I saw some young folks climbing the berm to get down range to their targets while we were hot. It seems the ground was muddy and they didn't want to dirty their shoes, when I got done yelling ceasefire and questioning their family tree, their stupidity and asking them if they wanted to die, I got a finger and some mumbled apologies. Between that and some douche bag doing MAG dumps while I was trying to zero my rifle I decided that I was safer in combat than at that range. I now use a friends range and I no longer feel like I will take one in the back or head ACCIDENTALLY. Some new gun owners are their own worse enemy and I don't want to be their first whoops.
    I would not go to either the Tobyhanna or the Hawley range to do so is like you said a combat zone with idiots on either side of you.

(York County)

The range near me is full of poor etiquette. I've left many time when the going got tough, including being swept on the firing line. The biggest mistake most make is that they don't assign or take responsibility for calling the range. As if it's difficult to understand why. I was there when the GC officer showed up some years back, and asked "who's rangemaster?" They all stood there like cattle and looked around. No one stepped up. And wow, did he get pissed! Threatened to write them all at the firing line. I was standing watching waiting for a bench. Whole bunch of larnin' that day. It's surprising how uninformed some ?gun owners" are.

At the public range, always keep a loaded gun on you at all times. This may violate their rules, but I don't care. I don't trust any of the retards at the public range. I've heard too many stories of people getting robbed or guns being stolen. Every time I go down to check a target I load and holster my gun.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

When you roll up to a public range and the range is already hot, don't take the time to find out if they've been shooting for two minutes or twenty; call a "clear" immediately. Your time is important!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    The MOST important aspect of SAFETY is that no one handles any firearms while people are down range and it has been declared cold. This includes uncasing firearms, fiddling with scopes, loading magazines etc. All firearms benched with actions open. Chamber flags are a nice touch. Call me a safety Nazi, but it is sickening what people think is "safe". As far as real etiquette goes, I try to not fire ungodly long strings of fire if I notice someone needs to go down range to either post targets, retrieve targets or check targets. Everyone doesn't show up with a spotting scope.
    I have charged magazines when a range is cold. Not a problem when the magazines are AR15 or similar type mags and I sitting 5 feet behind the firing line.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast