Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Want to purchase firearm but diagnosed with mental disorder. Details inside.

What was your response to 4473 11f?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Want to purchase firearm but diagnosed with mental disorder. Details inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    What was your response to 4473 11f?
    no

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by georgey215 View Post
    no
    That was rhetorical.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    That was rhetorical.
    Googling it, it says "A person is “committed to a mental institution” if that person has been involuntarily committed to a mental institution by a court or other lawful authority. This expressly excludes voluntary commitment."

It was voluntary commitment. I dunno, I feel like I'm approaching a grey area, but that clearly says excludes voluntary. This is just unclear man based on all your responses. But yea I contacting a lawyer is good. How much would it cost usually?

(Perry County)

Often we took people for evaluation and they signed themselves in. Saves a lot of people a lot time and headaches. If you were 302ed and you're not just using that term loosely, you are prohibited. One bright spot is that a 302 is no longer a permanent prohibition due to case law. Mike Keyes, a former coworker of mine beat his 302 prohibition.

As others have said, find out what your record actually says so you don't find yourself in hot water.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    And at least a few suggesting you're a troll. I will withhold judgment for now.
    That's the kind of shit that happens when Mom's are out there demanding action.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by georgey215 View Post
    No I'm not a threat. I'm not going into detail but I didnt put myself in because I thought I was a threat. I have a clean record no previous crime. No history of violence.
    No need to put your personal reasons on public display...I can respect that. Would the option of seeking some counseling have benefitted you as well, or was the 302 route the only way to address your issue? I ask, because everyone at some point in their lives will go thru some level of dysfunction which would benefit from talking to someone who is credentialed. Not all mental health issues are 302 material either. A death, divorce, or job loss could put one in a state of dysfunction limiting their perceived options.

I think a legal opinion is the only way to settle this. Good luck and kudos to getting help. Not many would venture down that path for fear of the stigma attached.
    Last edited by RenoV8; November 15th, 2017 at 06:51 PM. Reason: sp.

My personal opinion is threads like this should be answered with best answer of seek professional legal advise then locked.

If the OP is being honest then good for him for getting themselves better, and to stay further out of legal issues should take the time and expense to see a lawyer.

If the OP were being dishonest and let's be real here we know for a fact that there are plenty of baiters out there that want to use forums like this as some kind of "proof" on how the average gun owner is murderous hoping that just one member who has the F the government and the laws attitude they are looking for responds with some crazy shit, or looking to hear about all the "evil loop holes" out there they think exist in their warped minds to use as political fodder especially right now while dealing with mental health issues and firearms in the news.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    My personal opinion is threads like this should be answered with best answer of seek professional legal advise then locked.

If the OP is being honest then good for him for getting themselves better, and to stay further out of legal issues should take the time and expense to see a lawyer.

If the OP were being dishonest and let's be real here we know for a fact that there are plenty of baiters out there that want to use forums like this as some kind of "proof" on how the average gun owner is murderous hoping that just one member who has the F the government and the laws attitude they are looking for responds with some crazy shit, or looking to hear about all the "evil loop holes" out there they think exist in their warped minds to use as political fodder especially right now while dealing with mental health issues and firearms in the news.
    I don't disagree with you. But I always see reasoned responses to these types of questions here. We don't feed the narrative of the antis. Either a person in real need is given some guidance and some things to figure out or an anti is left frustrated and disappears.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post

I agree............and his question was answered.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast